Hello and welcome! I'm a South African editor, currently living in Dubai, with a broad reach that extends to clients across the globe. I'm genuinely passionate about elevating your writing to new heights.
For more than a decade, I've been an editor of both fiction and non-fiction. For my day job, I manage lists of fiction and non fiction titles at a leading trade and contract publishing house. The work spans from early-stage development to publication and distribution, giving me a well-rounded view of the entire publishing ecosystem.
As a freelancer, I focus on developmental and structural editing. Whether you're penning a thriller, a biography, or a deeply-researched academic paper, I have the skills to bring out the best in your work. My services aren't just limited to editing; I also offer writing mentorships and coaching that aim to transform your writing journey from solitary to supported.
I approach every project with creativity, an open mind, sensitivity to both content and context, and a commitment to your voice, style, and story. Stories, in all their forms, are my passion, and my primary mission is to help you, the writer, find your unique voice and tell your story the way only you can.
If you're in need of an editor who combines significant industry experience with a personal touch, I'd love to connect and discuss how we can bring your manuscript to life.
Feel free to reach out, and let's start a conversation about your next great work!
- Fulbright Foreign Student Scholarship - Shortlist
- Cum Laude Scholarship, University of KwaZulu-Natal
- E J A Loerincz Scholarship, University of the Witwatersrand
- Copy-editing, University of Cape Town
- Essential Editorial Project Management, The Publishing Training Centre
The Dreamwork Collective
The Dreamwork Collection is an indie trade publisher in Dubai, focussing on first-time female authors in the region. I work closely with the authors to develop their style and stories in an intimate process from first draft to publication. I also mentor writers and facilitate writing workshops.
- Managing the production of a series of 10 journals of illustrated non-fiction, for Expo 2020 Dubai/Expo City Dubai.
- Managing the production of an illustrated guide to diving in the Saudi Arabian Red Sea, from content development to publication and distribution. The published guide will also be accompanied by dedicated website and smart app
- Edit, proofread and contribute jacket and cover copy for other books (including digital versions), such as children's fiction, adventure guides, cookbooks, autobiographies, books of poetry, and audio books
- Cultivate a list of authors, editors, proofreaders, illustrators and photographers
- Manage the book production process, coordinating between editorial, design and printing
- Edit and project manage the production of novelty and merchandise items such as calendars, games
Calabash Literary Magazine
I am an editor and on the editorial board at Calabash literary magazine, which is published three times a year by the National Writers' Association of South Africa (NSWASA). The magazine's agenda is to develop the South African literary scene and cultivate new voices. As an editor, I assess and select submissions, as well as mentor promising writers. I also work with the other editors to oversee contributors, designers and artists and guide the magazine to publication.
Freelance editor for fiction, non-fiction and academic authors.
- Substantive and developmental editing
- Writing mentorships and coaching
- Writing workshops and courses
- Proofreading, copy editing and fact checking