“Anna is a fantastic editor and a tireless partner in the writing process. She has been invaluable to me from the book proposal stage through to manuscript completion. I credit being picked up by a publishing house to her tireless dedication and pushback on all things relevant, from start to finish. She is a true pleasure to work with.“
—Karissa Stelma, author of It’s Simple: The Politically Incorrect Guide to IVF; Owner of The Simplicity Line; and COO of CCL Compliance
“Anna is a highly skilled and experienced professional. We have worked with her for editing, writing, and project management and she always proves to be a valuable asset to our projects.“
—Robert Murray, President, StyleMatters Publishing Services
It was a pleasure working with Anna. She is professional and responsive. The final product of her edit exceeded my expectation. I am grateful for her work and look forward to working with her in the future.—Mbiotidem Bassey, Entering the Zone of Success
“Anna is an exceptional editor and manager of a diverse range of projects, from cookbooks, to health books, straight text to heavily illustrated. She is thorough, attentive to detail, and pleasant in all her interactions. I can’t think of a better colleague or project manager than Anna!”
—Dede Cummings, Poet, Journalist, Book Designer, Founder of Green Writers Press
“It’s not easy to write. It’s harder to edit. It’s almost asking too much to have a last-minute, sketchy assignment result in a well-penned, clean copy filed under deadline but this is exactly what Anna can do. I‘ve had the pleasure of being on the receiving end of this relationship for a few years and have come to depend on her more than she knows. An added bonus is she’s incredibly pleasant to work with. Two thumbs up!”
—Joanne Arbogast, Editor, Upstate Life (NY) Magazine
• Edit manuscripts, including developmental editing and line editing
• Guide authors in concept development and content outlines
• Draft and edit book proposals and query letters for authors seeking representation and/or publication
• Creator and writer of the “Only Natural” quarterly column, focused on natural beauty and skincare
• Conduct interviews and write articles on local events and topics relevant to the Catskill Mountains region
• Assist the magazine editor in developing story ideas and researching potential topics of interest
• Worked one-on-one with authors to take their ideas from outline to finished manuscript, while gaining knowledge in topics ranging from psychology, natural medicine, nutrition, and marketing to photography, fitness and exercise, and parenting
• Increased productivity by 300% from 1 title per month to 3-4 titles per month; maintained that production level from 2009-2017 with a staff of two full-time associates
• Actively led completion of all titles, from reviewing proposals, shaping content, and editing manuscripts to proofreading interiors and covers and approving printer proofs
• Assigned and managed all freelancers including copyeditors, fact-checkers, indexers, and designers
• Prepared sales material for upcoming books that were presented to the sales team at Penguin Random House
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
11 years’ nonfiction experience, specialising in books that make the world better: personal development, philosophy, & business.
Copy editor and proofreader of adult nonfiction. Award-winning author (Little, Brown & Co.). Detail-oriented, direct, easy to work with!