Close this message
Provo, UT, United States
I am an English and editing student at Brigham Young University.
Sign up below to request a quote.
I am an English and editing student at Brigham Young University. I tend to gravitate toward the creative side of things, and have an uncanny knack for superfluous words. I plan to work as an editor within the publishing industry, and am particularly interested in book or magazine publishing.
- Copyediting, substantive editing, and proofreading articles for University publications according to Chicago Style, Church Style, and the BYU Style Guide.
- Gathering and checking sources.
- Writing stories, captions, blurbs, and social media posts for various BYU Speeches platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
Stowaway is a quarterly nonprofit travel magazine created and published as a project for the capstone class of the editing minor at Brigham Young University (BYU). Each Stowaway issue is created by an entirely different group of students during a short 14-week semester. All class members contribute to planning, writing, editing, designing, creating web content, and selling ads.
- Brainstorm and execute article ideas for the following publications: TWO Magazine, Housing Guide, and the New Student Orientation edition of the Daily Universe.
- Conduct interviews and research for content creation and implementation.
- Edit articles substantively; fact-check research and material; copyedit according to AP Style.
- Created an in-house style guide to enable consistency between publications.
- Manage scheduling and due-dates; created a weekly agenda for the TWO team.
- Edit course content for cohesiveness, clarity, and tone and add literary elegance to the text.
- Proofread content in order to ensure that it communicates effectively.
- Demonstrate initiative in project organization and finalize course materials.
- Assisted library patrons with research questions, the obtainment of materials, technology troubleshooting, and general use of library facilities.
- Became knowledgeable in physical and digital resources, including library research databases, periodicals, WorldCat, and WorkFlows.
- Demonstrated effective and positive communication with patrons in-person as well as via phone and email.
- Made revisions to manuscripts; created and revised source bibliographies.
- Managed the organization and maintenance of the Faculty Resource Center, for which I created and implemented an online card catalogue for ease of access throughout the department.
- Oversaw the use of rare and out-of-print religious texts.
- Initiated and completed various projects, such as digitization of old documents, audio interview transcribing, and proofreading.
Indexer of biography, history, LGBTQ, literature, education and management books. Recent indexes for British Library and Routledge.
Brighton, United Kingdom
Professional fiction and non-fiction editor with 30+ years' experience helping writers to hone their craft and tell their stories.
Tampa, FL, United States