Close this message
Provo, UT, United States
I am an English and editing student at Brigham Young University.
Sign up below to request a quote.
I am an English and editing student at Brigham Young University. I tend to gravitate toward the creative side of things, and have an uncanny knack for superfluous words. I plan to work as an editor within the publishing industry, and am particularly interested in book or magazine publishing.
- Brainstorm and execute article ideas for the following publications: TWO Magazine, Housing Guide, and the New Student Orientation edition of the Daily Universe.
- Conduct interviews and research for content creation and implementation.
- Edit articles substantively; fact-check research and material; copyedit according to AP Style.
- Created an in-house style guide to enable consistency between publications.
- Manage scheduling and due-dates; created a weekly agenda for the TWO team.
- Edit course content for cohesiveness, clarity, and tone and add literary elegance to the text.
- Proofread content in order to ensure that it communicates effectively.
- Demonstrate initiative in project organization and finalize course materials.
- Assisted library patrons with research questions, the obtainment of materials, technology troubleshooting, and general use of library facilities.
- Became knowledgeable in physical and digital resources, including library research databases, periodicals, WorldCat, and WorkFlows.
- Demonstrated effective and positive communication with patrons in-person as well as via phone and email.
- Made revisions to manuscripts; created and revised source bibliographies.
- Managed the organization and maintenance of the Faculty Resource Center, for which I created and implemented an online card catalogue for ease of access throughout the department.
- Oversaw the use of rare and out-of-print religious texts.
- Initiated and completed various projects, such as digitization of old documents, audio interview transcribing, and proofreading.
I have over 20 years experience in editing travel and guide books. Proof-reading, copy writing and copy editing.
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Experienced (9 yrs in-house, 11 yrs freelance), non-fiction editor specializing in content editing, copy editing, and proofreading.
Denver, United States