I'm a literary translator with 8+ years of experience with both traditional publishers and self-published authors. Through the years, I've worked on several genres, with a special focus on thriller/crime fiction and romance novels. With my latest translation for an Italian publisher, I was a finalist at Premio Letteraria 2022.
Here's what some of my self-published clients are saying about me:
"Mariarosaria offers timely and accurate translation with GREAT communication and constant updates! She's an incredible pleasure to work with! A++++"
-- Krista Wolf, adult romance writer
"Mariarosaria was a joy to work with from start to finish. She was thorough, met the deadline we had set, and had plenty of good notes. And of course, the book was wonderfully translated and did very well at retail. I highly recommend her to anyone looking to translate their books into Italian!"
-- Cassie Cole, adult romance writer
In addition to translating your novel, I'm also available to translate any marketing material you may need for its promotion.
- Finalist at Premio Letteraria 2022
- Master's Degree in Interpreting and Translation at UNINT - University of International Studies of Rome
- Advanced training course - Translating for children and teenagers: picture books, classics and YA (FUSP - Fondazione Unicampus San Pellegrino)
- Specialization course in literary translation (Scuola del Libro, Rome)
- Refresher course - Translating Romance and Chick Lit (Langue&Parole)
I currently work as freelance translator for self-published writers and traditional publishing houses. My latest translation of award-winning Australian author Sophie Laguna for Pessime Idee Edizioni - an indie publisher - has been selected as a finalist at an Italian literary prize.
I worked as a freelance translator for Fanucci Editore, an Italian publishing house specialized in crime, romance, YA and science fiction. Among the authors I translated for them are award-winning novelists like Val McDermid and Susan Elizabeth Phillips.
Mariarosaria has 3 reviews