My goal is to help you navigate the confusing world of pre-publication and polish your proposal or manuscript so it is in the best possible position to be picked up by an agent or publisher.
As a proactive commissioning editor, my specialty lies in working with first-time authors to turn their ideas and expertise into a commercially viable book.
I am delighted to work with authors on:
- proposals to bring to agents or publishers
- the overall plan and structure of a book
- tone and writing style
- developing a manuscript to meet a publishable standard
To date, I have enjoyed working across a variety of non-fiction areas, including wellbeing, history, cookery, narrative non-fiction and children's non-fiction.
I look forward to working with you to bring your project to life!
- MA in Publishing from UCL
- MA in Culture, Diaspora and Ethnicity from Birkbeck, University of Londond
- BA in History of Art from the University of Edinburgh
I head a dynamic health and wellbeing list at Watkins Publishing, acquiring around 12 titles a year from up-and-coming and established authors. I also publish within other areas covered by the Watkins and Nourish imprints, including food and drink, gardening and children’s wellbeing.
Acted as editorial and strategic lead for a specialist non-fiction list, commissioning and developing projects.
The Siren Press
Worked on fiction titles, including an anthology of short stories featuring award winning authors.