Your needs. Your timeline. Your voice. These are my priorities.
My experience in publishing spans a wide range of clientele and content. I have worked in full-time and freelance copy editing roles with organizations including Wiley-Blackwell, Taylor & Francis, Routledge, and many other publishing, marketing, and communications companies. I have an extensive skill set in working with various types of copy, including nonfiction books, academic research, and a range of marketing copy. My keen eye for detail and exacting standards allow me to partner with authors to deliver publication-ready material on the first pass.
* Superior writing and editing skills combined with 15 years of experience copy editing and proofreading in a variety of industries
* In-depth knowledge of many publication styles, including Chicago, APA, AP, and AMA, as well as industry- and company-specific style guides
* A strong background in editing academic work, particularly STEM, medical, and social science titles with international readership
* Clear and articulate communication with flexible availability and high responsiveness to your needs
* Assurance that I'll deliver high-quality copy with a focus on maintaining your voice
* Proficiency in editing both American and British English
* Confidence that your work will receive the editorial treatment it deserves
* Copy edited and proofread manuscripts for publication in a number of medical journals.
* Created and maintained organizational style guides to ensure consistency among written materials; oversaw adherence to established style.
* Interacted with editorial, production, and graphics departments to facilitate the efficient flow of production.
* Corresponded with authors and editors to incorporate requested changes into manuscripts.
* Proofread monthly XML files of journal text submitted to the National Library of Medicine for inclusion on PubMed.
* Copy edited a number of medical publications with national readership (eg, Consultant, Psychiatric Times, Applied Neurology, The Journal of Respiratory Diseases).
* Worked with an integrated team of editorial and art professionals to meet production specifications.
* Fact-checked and verified article content using various online and print resources.
* Copy edit manuscripts for global publishing companies, including many social science, medical, and STEM titles.
* Perform heavy language editing with a specialization in working with foreign-language authors.
* Copy edit, critique, and proofread books, reports, articles, marketing collateral, PowerPoint decks, web copy, special projects, and other written material for content, style, and consistency.
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Business book coach and editor | I specialize in business, technology, science | 20+ years experience | Previously at BBC and Time magazines
Native English experienced freelance copy-editor and proofreader specialising in science, technology, business and medicine.