Do you need help with research for your book project? Are you a short-of-time fiction writer looking for background 'colour', fleshed out historical settings or authentic details for your novel? Are you a non-fiction writer overwhelmed by your material? Or maybe you need someone to fact-check your writing?
I can help!
I have an unquenchable passion for research and sifting through mountains of facts in search of nuggets of illuminating truth.
• Prolific published writer of both academic and popular content. Author of 4 books.
• Publications draw on long experience of offline and online research, involving ethnographic and archival work.
• Research methods lecturer, assisting students with dissertation research.
• Big picture thinker with the ability to spot the telling detail and distinguish signal from noise.
• Constantly expanding range of expertise, based on a burning desire to know more about the range of human experience.
• Editor of both non-academic and academic publications
• Experienced at presenting information in accessible ways, both written and oral.
• Veteran freelancer, handling multiple projects simultaneously and delivering them on schedule
More about me:
Since receiving his PhD in sociology in 2001, I have sought to further his passion for research and to communicate that passion with others. I have taught at a variety of universities, specialising in the teaching of research methods to graduate students. As a freelance researcher, I have published accessible research-based reports. As a writer, my publications range from academic journal articles to newspaper features and op-ed pieces. A burning curiosity about the social world has led me to expand my areas of expertise: from his work on global extreme metal scenes (the topic of his PhD), to Jewish communal politics, to the Luxembourg water skiing scene, my guiding thread is a desire to know more. I am at my most fulfilled when immersing himself in an archive, interviewing an informant or observing a community gathering and I seeks out clients and projects that enable him to do this.
Clients and projects:
I am currently working part time as the director of the European Jewish Research Archive at the Institute for Jewish Policy Research, a role that challenges him to track down research articles in over 20 languages. I teach research methods part time at Leo Baeck College and Birkbeck College. My book on denialism will be published by Notting Hill Editions in 2018.
As a peripatetic academic I have taught and held fellowships at the Open University, Oxford University. The School of Oriental and African Studies and Durham University as well as at universities in Germany, Finland, Sweden, Israel and Australia. As a freelance researcher I have produced reports for a number of British Jewish institutions and interfaith dialogue organisations. I edited the Jewish Quarterly (a literary magazine) and have been a board member of a variety of academic journals. As a writerI have contributed reviews, articles and op-ed pieces to publications including The Guardian, New Humanist, Open Democracy, New Statesman and Society, Jewish Chronicle, The Forward, Haaretz, Jerusalem Post, Jewish Quarterly, and The Tablet.
A full resume is available on request and a publication list is available at . My portfolio can be found at
Crime & Mystery
Themes & Motifs
Politics & Current Affairs
Religion & Spirituality
Social & Behavioral Sciences