I'm an editor with 15 years of experience developing original content for books. I have edited award-winning books for HarperCollins, Amazon Publishing, Simon & Schuster, and Audible, and I've worked with authors such as Maria Hinojosa, Tim Ferriss, Erica Jong, Deepak Chopra, Mark Frauenfelder, Reshma Saujani, Gayle Tzemach Lemmon, Robert Greene, 50 Cent, Stanley Fish, Catherine McKenzie, Gary Vaynerchuk, and Mollie Katzen.
I'm also the author of NOT YOUR CHINA DOLL, a new biography of Anna May Wong, forthcoming from Dutton, an imprint of Penguin Random House, in March 2024.
Currently, I work with a select number of clients on a freelance basis to shepherd their projects through the publishing process. My services include: developmental editing, book proposal development, proofreading and light copyediting, jacket copy, and consultation on self-publishing platforms and distribution strategies.
Dutton, an imprint of Penguin Random House
Author of NOT YOUR CHINA DOLL, a new biography of Anna May Wong, forthcoming from Dutton in March 2024.
Edited and managed several original audio projects remotely as part of a temporary assignment, including The Baddest Bitch in the Room by Sophia Chang, Why We Can't Sleep by Ada Calhoun, and Curse of Riches by Claire Prentice.
Book of the Month
Relaunched Book of the Month, which has been serving readers since 1926 and is one of Bookspan's most well-known and historically important book clubs. Similar to other monthly box subscription services, Book of the Month delivers one new and noteworthy hardcover book to members each month in a premium package.
William & Park
William & Park is a New York City-based media company and digital magazine for creatives.
• Acquired and edited books, primarily memoir and narrative nonfiction, including the Kindle-bestselling titles College (Un)bound, Manage Your-Day-to-Day, and The Mad Sculptor.
• Projects covered a diverse range of nonfiction topics, including food, education, pop culture, business, DIY, and travel.
• Managed talent and forged contacts with writers, agents, and bloggers.
• Managed relationships with a diverse list of authors that included Deepak Chopra, Tim Ferriss, Behance, Mark Frauenfelder, Reshma Saujani, Jeffrey Selingo, Catherine McKenzie, and Harold Schechter.
• Developed the creative vision for each book, coordinated with marketing and publicity teams, and served as the driving force behind the entire publication campaign.
• Acquired and managed nonfiction titles for the Harper, William Morrow, and Harper Perennial imprints, including In the Small Kitchen and Apologies to My Censor.
• Supported two Senior Editors and worked with authors such as Erica Jong, Stanley Fish, Robert Greene, Sam Wasson, Gary Vaynerchuk, Greg Graffin, Harold Bloom, Gayle Tzemach Lemmon, and Gilbert King.
• Wrote selling copy for book jackets and catalog pages, vetted press releases, and implemented social media marketing campaigns with partners like Etsy.
Katie has 13 reviews