Project management of large-scale publications for the art history textbook market. This includes working closely with academic authors to develop and refine their chapters, meticulous editing and proof-reading, and preparing digital ancillary materials.
• Editing and project managing publications on safety in the shipping industry.
• Substantial copyediting to ensure content is unambiguous, consistent and correct.
• Ensuring technical or academic content is easily understandable to readers at all levels.
• Setting and maintaining publication schedules; liaising with internal and external stakeholders to complete publications on time and to budget.
• Revising house style guidelines so they are easier to use for all staff.
• Typesetting publications using InDesign and creating templates for new layouts and styles.
• Commissioning, briefing and negotiating fees for design, illustrations and technical drawings.
• Sourcing content for and designing monthly newsletter using MailChimp; managing subscriptions and distribution. I successfully managed the organisation’s GDPR compliance transition in spring 2018.
• Writing press releases and communications copy; preparing promotional material (blurbs, cover images, tables of contents and PowerPoint slides).
• Leading on editorial project management of all Royal Museums Greenwich publications, including exhibition catalogues, complex illustrated titles, guidebooks, and children’s books.
• Editing and providing feedback to authors on manuscripts.
• Building image lists, carrying out picture and copyright research, and liaising with the museum’s photo studio.
• Providing feedback on design and layouts.
• Managing relationships with printers and overseeing print orders, pre-press checks, repro and delivery.
• Providing editorial support to other departments, including editing and proofreading gallery text, travel trade brochures and marketing material and writing copy for press releases.
• Project management of approx. 50 titles a year, both mono and fully illustrated and across a range of humanities subjects.
• Commissioning freelance copyeditors, proofreaders and indexers, and checking their work. While in this role I refined the recruitment system for freelancers, devised new copyediting and proofreading tests, and recruited and trained a new team, leading to better value and higher-quality work.
• Managed relationships with authors and acted as first point of contact regarding the production schedule; resolving issues of copyright, permissions and image quality; collating amendments and resolving queries.
• Proofreading and copyediting in-house; collating corrections; working with design department on proof layouts; using Adobe InDesign to make corrections and adjust formatting.
Freelance copyeditor of scientific/technical/medical publications.
• Recruited and managed a team of 35 regular reviewers to cover London’s exhibitions
• Commissioned and edited over 600 exhibition reviews and articles.
• Wrote reviews and feature articles on arts content both in London and abroad.
Copyediting, reviewing manuscript submissions, and working with authors at this Montreal-based publisher of childrens' and YA fiction.
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.