"I have worked with Julie Holderman on a number of projects, and deeply appreciate her professionalism, her ability to create and keep a schedule and to get others to do the same, her on-point creative critiques, and the sharpness of her editing. I thoroughly recommend her to anyone with a writing project that requires a keen-eyed, pleasant worker with an understanding of the limits and the rules of the trade."
– Tamora Pierce, NY Times Bestselling Writer of 30+ Books for Young Adults
"Julie Holderman is smart, insightful, and capable. A pleasure to work with."
— Chelsea Eberly, Editor, Random House Books for Young Readers
"Julie does so much more than just provide edits. She spends time with your work, understands how the pieces should fit together (even if you don’t) and gives feedback that is both a reality check and thoroughly insightful."
– K.P. Kulski, Horror Writer
"Besides her precise editing advice, Ms. Holderman brings her considerable knowledge of writing to character, motivation and plot issues. She has the ability to assess a work and outline what needs to be revised to arrive at excellence. If you want a frank and knowledgeable critique of your book, this is the person to seek out."
– Barbara Miller, Romance Writer and Seton Hill Writing Popular Fiction Mentor
"Julie Holderman delivers a critique designed to enable a writer to examine their work from a structural point of view. She understands setting, building characters, pacing, and so much more. She delivers critiques analytically and with kindness, because she is truly interested in helping writing partners achieve a deeper level of skill that will result in delighting readers."
– R. Schlumpberger, Science Fiction Writer
"I’ve been in the publishing industry for 20+ years as a genre fiction book critic and have worked with hundreds of publishers, editors, publicists, and writers. I was impressed with Julie's writing ability, but it was other attributes that really struck me, namely her overall knowledge of genre fiction and her adept and insightful ability to critique and edit others' work."
– Paul Allen, Reviewer for Publisher's Weekly and Kirkus
•Assisted with story development and manuscript proofreading/copy edits
• Wrote professional correspondence and handled social media accounts
• Planned, scheduled, booked, and tracked travel and complex projects
• Juggled multiple and frequently changing deadlines in a variety of areas
• Assisted with worldbuilding and character background development
• Vetted dialogue, analyzed story arcs, corrected pacing, and advised regarding
theme and tone
• Rewrote or reorganized professional presentation material
• Organized disparate material into a cohesive story for submission to Penguin
Random House editors
• Ensured timely delivery of material and offered initial editorial commentary
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
A transplant from Hollywood, I love working w/ writers of all formats to take stories to the next level, particularly in speculative fiction
I’m the award-winning author of over 30 books for kids, teens, and adults. I'd love to edit your book. Let's talk!