As part of a small team, I led and implemented digital marketing strategy for the Roald Dahl brand. This includes:
- Managing and developing brand social media channels
- Management and growth of email marketing program through targeted activity, analysis and optimisation
- Preparation for GDPR
- Working on COPPA compliance
- Sourcing and introduction of social media management and social listening platforms
- Regular auditing and analysis on all digital channels to inform future activity
- Building strong relationships with the digital marketing teams at the Estate’s brand partners to maximise awareness and sales
I also worked closely with the Brand Marketing Manager and Marketing Director to develop and lead digital marketing campaigns such as Roald Dahl Day. I am responsible for using key promotional moments to deliver against business objectives, as well as to drive audience growth. This includes running online advertising campaigns including paid social activity, paid search and display, continually testing and optimising activity and post-campaign reporting
Moving into a specialist digital marketing role, I took on responsibility for the Group's digital marketing strategy across social media, email and content marketing, constantly analysing and optimising in order to increase performance. This included
- Responsibility for the annual digital marketing budget
- Overseeing the company's eCRM program across several lists and verticals
- Ensuring data collection and management adhered to legal requirements
In addition, I worked closely with the wider marketing team to plan and execute unique campaigns that targeted high-audience and high-share results. This included running paid social campaigns, search engine marketing, and online advertising.
In this role I took responsibility for executing integrated audience-led campaigns - devising strategy, making plans against set objectives, managing budgets. I also worked closely with publicity and sales colleagues, as well as promoting titles to retailers to support the sales team and secure promotion for titles in-store.
I developed strong and fruitful relationships with third parties for promotion, as well as design, creative, planning and PR agencies. I was also responsible for effective communication with authors and agents.
I worked with the Roald Dahl team and partners to promote Roald Dahl Day 2017 - to maintain the momentum from the Roald Dahl Centenary in the previous year which had been the biggest Roald Dahl Day yet, and to work with all brand partners to amplify messaging:
- Devised our key messages around Roald Dahl's heroes, focusing the activity around the child heroes in the stories, and introducing the new hero, Billy, in the re-release of Billy and the Minpins
- Promotion of the Roald Dahl party pack to parents and teachers across website, social media and email marketing to meet the download target
- Building relationships with key influencers to engage adults and encourage them to help a child be a hero on Roald Dahl Day
- Worked with Twitter to design and roll out a dedicated Twitter emoji for #RoaldDahlDay
- Worked with brand partners to ensure consistent messaging in keeping with themes and brand guidelines
- Managing social media around the day itself, sharing partner messaging, and all the themed activities.
- The result was the 2nd biggest Roald Dahl Day (the centenary year being the biggest)
I devised and implemented a marketing campaign to support paperback publication of this critically acclaimed novel, capitalising on the reviews and word-of-mouth from the hardback publication. The marketing activity included:
- Twitter campaign - using the hashtag #WheresBernadette calling on followers to spot Bernadette in various locations to win prizes
- Advertising campaign on London Underground - using the eye-catching cover artwork to increase recognition and featuring the incredible review quotes
- Takeover on Stylist.co.uk Books pages
- Mumsnet book of the month: advertising, giveaway and web chat with the author
Working with an external web development agency, I devised and managed the relaunch of author Ian Rankin’s official website. The project focused on SEO opportunities and providing an improved user journey, as well as a more engaging experience for visitors. As a result, the site saw a 14% increase in unique users, a 5% increase in traffic from organic search and a 14% increase in session duration in the six months after the relaunch.
I also conceived a new digital marketing strategy designed to build awareness ahead of the release of Ian's new novel, which resulted in his highest pre-order and publication day sales up to that point.
From the writer of Downton Abbey, Julian Fellowes' Belgravia was a serialised story originally sold online direct to consumers worldwide and read via the dedicated app or website.
In order to promote the series, we needed to access fans of Julian Fellowes and Downton Abbey, and to build a captive audience ahead of the release of the first episode.
As part of a close-knit, busy team working on I played a key role in building awareness among the target audience, establishing a Facebook following of 22,000 and an email marketing list of 16,000 subscribers.
I also devised and led a detailed, data-led eCRM programme throughout the series and beyond
THE ADDICTIVE No.1 BESTSELLER AND INTERNATIONAL PHENOMENONOVER 20 MILLION COPIES SOLD WORLDWIDETHE BOOK THAT DEFINES PSYCHOLOGICAL THRILLERWho are you?What have we done to each other?These are the questions Nick Dunne finds himself asking on the morning of his fifth wedding anniversary, when his wife Amy suddenly disappears. The police suspect Nick. Amy's friends reveal that she was afraid of ... read more
'A wonderful read. Fellowes is as witty as ever, yet again capturing those discerning older, upper-class women perfectly... a modern classic that will fill any Downton-shaped hole' DAILY EXPRESSJulian Fellowes's Belgravia is the story of a secret. A secret that unravels behind the porticoed doors of London's grandest postcode. Set in the 1840s when the upper echelons of society began to rub sh... read more
'Like A VISIT FROM THE GOON SQUAD written by Tina Fey' Sam Baker, RED MAGAZINEShortlisted for the 2013 Women's Prize for FictionA NEW YORK TIMES bestsellerCOMING SOON: The film adaptation, directed by Richard Linklater and starring Cate Blanchett, Kristen Wiig and Billy Crudup Bernadette Fox is notorious. To Elgie Branch, a Microsoft wunderkind, she's his hilarious, volatile, talented, trouble... read more
Making ceviche is a serious business in Lima - and restaurateur Martin Morales, whose top Soho restaurant opened to wide acclaim in 2012, has travelled the length of Peru to find the best recipes, and the length of Britain to find the freshest fish. From sizzling barbecued anticuchos, superfood quinoa salads, giant corn choclos, juicy saltados and lucuma ice - CEVICHE brings the unique and del... read more
'Britain's No.1 crime writer' Mirror * * * * *A CASE THAT WON'T DIEJohn Rebus can't close the door on the death of glamorous socialite Maria Turquand. Brutally murdered in her hotel room forty years ago, her killer has never been found.Meanwhile, Edinburgh's dark heart is up for grabs. Young pretender Darryl Christie may have staked his claim on the city's underworld - but has criminal masterm... read more
Lizzie has an unfortunate knack for attracting bad luck, but this time she's hit the jackpot. Losing her heart to her boss at the radio station where she works leads directly to losing her job, and with no money in the bank she's forced to swallow her pride and return home to her parents. As if that wasn't bad enough, her mother finds her work at the local care home for the elderly, and it's t... read more
In Business Stripped Bare, Sir Richard Branson shares the inside track on his life in business and reveals the incredible truth about his most risky, brilliant and audacious deals. Discover why Virgin tried to take on one of the world's biggest superbrands, how Virgin Mobile USA holds the record as the fastest company in history to generate revenues of over one billion dollars (faster than Mic... read more
The fourth book in the Detective D.D. Warren series from The Sunday Times and New York Times bestseller Lisa Gardner. WHAT ARE THE CHANCES YOU'LL LIVE TO TELL WHAT IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN TO YOU? The Irish Independent says this novel 'could cause sleepless nights'. Are you ready?In one night of terrifying violence, four members of a family are brutally murdered, leaving the father - a possible susp... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Experienced, award-winning copywriter and digital marketer. Worked with properties including Pottermore, Penguin, Wonderbly and Roald Dahl.
Innovative marketer in command of the complete toolkit—print, digital, broadcast, social, email, word of mouth, etc. I thrive on results.