Providing writing, editing, and design services for brands.
• Helping brands create better messaging and branded content to support their sales and drive leads
• Researching and conducting interviews with subject matter experts (SMEs) at Fortune 500 enterprises (Adobe, Acxiom, Tektronix) to create compelling copy that adheres to brand standards
• Copyediting and proofreading for AP style and brand’s editorial standards
• Matching and helping create the brand’s tone, voice, and messaging
• Collaborate with UX/UI and design teams to optimize content according to channel/platform
• Managing social media marketing plans and accounts for SMEs, and helping establish stories for brands, including visual identities
• Happily revising content according to brand’s feedback (adding in the Oxford where appropriate)
Developed and taught six courses, mostly upper-level electives, in organizational communications and creative writing including:
• Fundamentals of Creative Writing
• Research Writing
• Core Tools: Words
• Nonprofit Communications
• Media Strategy
• Literary Practicum
• Media Strategy and Nonprofit Communications courses served real-time nonprofit clients to produce media strategies (including SMART objectives, annual and quarterly goals, etc.), storytelling campaigns, and more
• After listening to my students’ end-of-semester media strategies, one vice president (client) asked, “When are they available for hire?”
Responsible for writing grants including corporate, foundation, and government grants.
• Coordinated the grant writing process when multi-disciplinary teams were working on different sections
• Coordinated program evaluation activities
• Created timeline and productivity tracking tools for clients and Assist teams
• Managed the submission process (both electronic and mailed submissions)
• Prepared literature reviews
• Conducted grant writing training
• Wrote strategic plans
Responsible for the creative direction and publication (editing, proofreading, and article writing) for the seminary's weekly 24-page on-campus magazine, The Semi.
Researched and wrote organizational white papers for the U.S. office of an international nonprofit organization.
• Conducted a six-month field survey in East Africa (Ethiopia and Kenya)
• Interviewed key stakeholders and nonprofit/civil sector partners working with children in crisis in the region
• Developed a strategy for working among children at risk in East Africa
• This strategy was requested by other non-governmental organizations in the region such as World Vision
Responsible for the U.S.-facing development (publicity, fundraising, marketing, public awareness/education) of a Kenya-based nonprofit organization.
• Created and implemented business and annual marketing plans that resulted in funds raised, volunteers mobilized, and publicity
• Responsible for content creation including social media and marketing collateral
• Wrote and reported on grants (conducted program evaluations, established baselines, gathered metrics, evaluated funding cycles, etc.)
• Created and implemented storytelling (marketing) campaigns such as Rock The Babies (RTB) and The Green Village Project
Responsible for children's program development, implementation, and marketing/communications for a faith-based organization (church) that served approximately 150 children in first through sixth grade in midweek and weekend programs.
• Wrote and published leadership guides (a 4-part series) to accompany BreakOut, a children's ministry curriculum published by Rick Warren's Saddleback Church
Discover Jesus In Every Book of the BibleJesus isn’t just found in the gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. His presence can be felt throughout the whole Bible, even in Genesis. The Jesus Bible contains the complete New International Version (NIV) with daily study helps that point to Jesus and show how he fulfilled the prophecies for the Messiah found in the Old Testament. A perfect way t... read more
Presented by bestselling author and pastor Randy Frazee, the Believe Storybook shows children how they can think, act, and be more like Jesus. With 60 old and new testament stories from the Bible that showcase the themes, combined with captivating and dramatic illustrations by Steve Adams, children and adults alike will be inspired to become more like their savior and the person they were mean... read more
Millions of children and their parents can’t be wrong. The bright and vibrant illustrations enhance every word of The Beginner’s Bible® to produce one of the most moving and memorable Bible experiences a young child can have. The Beginner’s Bible is where a child’s journey towards a lifelong love of God’s Word begins.Kids will enjoy reading the story of Noah’s Ark as they see Noah helping the ... read more
Is Jesus real? How do we know? You’re in for the surprise of your life. Join in this incredible search for the truth about Jesus—including the answers that rocked the world of atheist investigative reporter Lee Strobel.Was Jesus actually born in a stable? Did he really come back from the dead? Aren’t all the stories in the Bible about Jesus just that—stories?Here’s a book that finally answers ... read more
The Robertson Family Helps You Build a Faith-Shaped Life …Korie Robertson and Chrys Howard explore five values from the Bible’s most-loved parables of Jesus as they tell stories of the Robertson Family of the hit television show Duck Dynasty®. In Willie’s Redneck Rodeo VBS, you and your church will learn how to build a legacy of faith and apply five faith-shaped values into the lives of childr... read more
Help kids of all ages (preschool through later elementary) experience the 30 Big Ideas of Scripture! Based on the Believe Storybook and Believe for Kids, these 30 engaging lessons are formatted around relatable Scripture references, memory verses, and Bible themes. This DVD-ROM-based curriculum has everything you need for 30 complete lessons for preschool, early elementary, and later elementar... read more
It can be said that the words “heaven” and “hell” are thrown around flippantly these days. It seems they have become part of our vernacular without much thought or concern about what they really mean.The reality of heaven and hell is a hotly-debated topic spurring countless conversations, books, and sermons. It’s fashionable to have an opinion about the reality of heaven and hell, but what doe... read more
With its practical and biblically-centered instruction on counseling children and youth in crisis, Healing for Hurting Hearts equips leaders to guide the children they serve through the healing process in order to help them achieve lives that are more abundant. Reclaiming physical, mental, emotional and spiritual wholeness and, ultimately, hope for the future is within reach for these deeply w... read more
Much human understanding occurs visually. When it comes to quickly grasping and retaining information, the human brain functions best with a combination of both words and pictures. That’s where The Most Significant People, Places, and Events in the Bible comes in.Like an infographic survey of Scripture, The Most Significant People, Places, and Events in the Bible makes the Bible accessible and... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
25-year award-winning writer/editor of fiction, children’s, and Christian books. A passion for helping you create the book of your dreams!
Bestselling author, ghostwriter, and collaborator who has published a dozen books in faith, sports and self-help. Passionate storyteller.