Whether you're part of a big publishing house, a small indie publisher, or an author just starting out, sometimes you need a safe pair of hands, a fresh set of eyes, or a whole new brain to get your ideas off the ground, your books flying off the shelves, and your customers grinning from ear to ear.
That's where I can help. Not only have I worked in publishing marketing departments for both children and adult titles for over twelve years, I'm also a published author in my own right.
Whether it's for full time, part-time, or have-you-got-the time work, in the office, working from home or helping at an event, I'm available to pitch in, brimming with creative ideas, a cheerful demeanour and a strong work ethic. If you want someone who's easy to work with, self-motivated, flexible, reliable, well-organised, and who can give you peace of mind, then I can help.
My debut novel, The End of the Line, came out in July 2019 published by Canelo and Bolinda Audio. It gained many accolades from bestselling thriller authors. I am currently working on book two, which is scheduled for January 2020.
- Debut supernatural thriller published by Canelo in ebook and by Bolinda Audio in audio
- Represented by Juliet Mushens of Caskie Mushens
- Run own author e-newsletter with MailChimp
- Built own author website (graywilliamsbooks.com)
- Run on social media presence on Twitter (@gray_books)
- Perform readings and Q&As at events
- Have been interviewed for podcasts
- Written guest blogs and contributed to interviews for blogs
- Have had several short stories published
I lead Bounce's marketing strategy and ensure the sales team have everything requires to maximise our turnover. This includes consulting with our 45 independent children's publisher clients, advising on marketing strategy, representing them at Book Fairs and creating bespoke seasonal promotions.
- Created Bounce’s retailer-facing web platform optimised for independent retailers.
- Devising and running company e-newsletter campaigns and advising on social media strategy.
- Devising and spearheading year-round retailer-facing marketing campaigns.
- Working closely with sales team to co-ordinate M&P activity to maximise effectivity.
- Advising, guiding and critiquing publishers on marketing strategies.
- Managing Marketing Assistant and freelancers, setting clear goals and objectives.
- Building partnerships with third parties, including Fun Kids Radio, The Booksellers Association, and The National Trust.
- Creating marketing assets using Photoshop and InDesign.
I ran campaigns for many of Orion's top brands including Keith Richards, Michael Connelly, Linwood Barclay, Harlan Coben, Maureen Lee, Anthony Horowitz, Neil Oliver, Bear Grylls, Steve Cavanagh, Mason Cross, Carlos Ruiz Zafon, Robert Ludlum, Lesley Lokko, A.P. McCoy, Justin Cronin, Raymond Khoury, Michel Bussi, Denise Mina, Tami Hoag and Erica James. This included media planning, writing copy for book covers, websites, blogs and social media, as well as briefing designers on ad campaigns, posters, bookmarks and other branded goods. I worked with editorial, production, sales and publicity to make sure that each product went out into the world with the best chance of reaching and appealing to its target markets.
- Devised and implemented Sunday Times No.1 bestselling marketing campaigns. Received BMS commendation for MMP campaign on Life by Keith Richards.
- Developed and implemented digital strategy for Orion’s crime / thriller list, including newsletters, social media and The Murder Room website and blog. Grew Twitter audience by 100% over two and a half years.
- Developed special digital and research projects including retailer facing site BookBark.
- Commissioned, briefed and managed outside suppliers/freelancers.
- Created advertisements for trade and consumers across OOH, press, paid search and online.
- Negotiated cross-promotional opportunities with third-parties, literary festivals and reading communities including Pact Coffee, Paramount, Universal, and Bloody Scotland.
- Presented titles and promotional offers to retailers - Amazon, Waterstones, and Tesco.
- Managed pre-set budgets for individual campaigns.
- Orion Fiction audio champion, leading strategy to integrate audio book promotion into all facets of marketing and publicity.
I was commended by the Book Marketing Society for my campaign in Life by Keith Richards. We had a special mailing to reviewers that created a personal and intimate feeling using Keith's own handwriting. A national advertising campaign, giveaways in music magazines and websites and a radio ad with Keith reading aloud from the introduction of his book.
I organised a huge event publishing campaign for Moriarty. Gorgeous, signed, velvet bound proofs for reviewers, national advertising and a tour of London in a horse and carriage for the author, stopping at seven branches of Waterstones. I headed a team of twenty-three people that day with top hats and sandwich boards to grab the crowds. Moriarty went straight into the Sunday Times Top 10!
A race against time on a perilous journey through Siberia with a murderous demon, in this gritty fast-paced horror thriller.Con-artist Amanda Coleman lives in a London rife with undercover magic. Abras, as they are known, can harness these illegal powers, but for Coleman – whose father was a powerful and abusive practitioner – magic is anathema.When her criminal crew hire an Abra to help with ... read more
The long-awaited autobiography of the guitarist, songwriter, singer, and founding member of the Rolling Stones. Ladies and gentlemen: Keith Richards.With The Rolling Stones, Keith Richards created the songs that roused the world, and he lived the original rock and roll life. Now, at last, the man himself tells his story of life in the crossfire hurricane. Listening obsessively to Chuck Berry a... read more
The game is once again afoot in this thrilling mystery from the bestselling author of The House of Silk, sanctioned by the Conan Doyle estate, which explores what really happened when Sherlock Holmes and his arch nemesis Professor Moriarty tumbled to their doom at the Reichenbach Falls.Internationally bestselling author Anthony Horowitz’s nail-biting new novel plunges us back into the dark and... read more
One of the Boston Globe's Best Crime Novels of the Year!One of Suspense Magazine's Best Books of 2013! Since private investigator Cal Weaver’s teenage son died in a tragic accident, Cal and his wife have drifted apart. Cal is mired in a grief he can’t move past. And maybe his grief has clouded his judgment.Driving home one night, a rain-drenched girl taps on his car window and asks for a ride.... read more
From Lake Como in Italy to Oxford, a wonderfully compelling novel about lost love, fate and second chances from the Sunday Times bestselling author. Lake Como - beautiful, enchanting, romantic... For Floriana, it is the place where the love of her life is getting married to another woman. And she's been invited to the wedding. For Esme, it is where, over sixty years ago, she fell in love for t... read more
In fifteenth-century Constantinople, Prince Constantine saves the life of a broken-hearted girl. But the price of his valour is high.John Grant is a young man on the edge of the world. His unique abilities carry him from his home in Scotland to the heart of the Byzantine Empire in search of a girl and the chance to fulfil a death-bed promise.Lena has remained hidden from the men who have been ... read more
In this #1 New York Times bestseller, Detective Harry Bosch and his rookie partner investigate a cold case that gets very hot . . . very fast.In the LAPD's Open-Unsolved Unit, not many murder victims die a decade after the crime. So when a man succumbs to complications from being shot by a stray bullet ten years earlier, Bosch catches a case in which the body is still fresh, but any other clue... read more
"Terrifically compelling ... Sit back and go along for the ride." --- Boston GlobeJust after midnight on December 23, 1980, a night flight bound for Paris plummets toward the Swiss Alps, crashing into a snowy mountainside. Within seconds flames engulf the plane, which is filled with holiday travelers. Of the 169 passengers, all but one perish.The sole survivor is a three-month-old girl--thrown... read more
During the late 1930s, the Lancashire cotton town of Bolton (Worktown) became the subject of a groundbreaking social experiment: the anthropological fieldwork of Tom Harrisson that was to develop into Mass-Observation. David Hall tells the story of Mass-Observations emergence from the social, intellectual and political climate of the 1930s; he looks at how Harrisson, his co-founders and his co... read more
Sometimes you can't escape your past...Secrets and glamour from the bestselling author of A PRIVATE AFFAIR.Known as 'The Ice Queen', Anneliese Zander de St Phalle is one of the world's most celebrated fashion designers. With an empire that stretches across continents, she's a truly global brand, in every sense. Yet despite her success, she's a mystery; a reclusive disciplined perfectionist who... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Strategy-focused digital marketing professional with 8 years of experience working at Random House, HarperCollins, and Macmillan.
Innovative marketer in command of the complete toolkit—print, digital, broadcast, social, email, word of mouth, etc. I thrive on results.