I founded AuthorPop in 2019 to help authors with all their digital needs. We build websites, run ads, self-publish, advise on social media and email marketing, and more.
Writers House is one of the largest literary agencies in the world, representing authors at all stages of their careers. As digital director, I worked with our authors to create short- and long-term strategies to sell more books, build their audience, and increase discoverability.
My duties included:
• Building and updating websites for authors. I work with Squarespace, Wordpress and Wix.
• Guiding authors as they self-publish books across a variety of platforms; helping with ebook conversion, cover design, marketing strategies and securing promotions from retailers.
• Advising authors on social media and newsletter best practices and strategies.
• Creating Facebook ad campaigns for authors.
• Advising agents and authors on publishers' marketing plans.
• Staying up to date on latest digital trends, apps, tools and platforms to integrate into authors' careers.
• Directed the editorial strategy for.
• Oversaw DBW’s content and programming, including blog posts, news stories, interviews, feature pieces, live webinars, handbooks and white papers.
• Oversaw a network of two dozen blog contributors, assigning and editing all stories.
• Analyzed site metrics to inform editorial strategy.
• Worked with SEO team to implement best practices.
• Curated and formatted DBW’s 6x/week newsletter, the DBW Daily.
• Coordinated DBW’s social media strategy and communications.
• Reported live from major industry conferences and fairs.
• Helped program and coordinate annual industry conference
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.