Writers House is one of the largest literary agencies in the world, representing authors at all stages of their careers. As digital director, I worked with our authors to create short- and long-term strategies to sell more books, build their audience, and increase discoverability.
My duties included:
• Building and updating websites for authors. I work with Squarespace, Wordpress and Wix.
• Guiding authors as they self-publish books across a variety of platforms; helping with ebook conversion, cover design, marketing strategies and securing promotions from retailers.
• Advising authors on social media and newsletter best practices and strategies.
• Creating Facebook ad campaigns for authors.
• Advising agents and authors on publishers' marketing plans.
• Staying up to date on latest digital trends, apps, tools and platforms to integrate into authors' careers.
• Directed the editorial strategy for.
• Oversaw DBW’s content and programming, including blog posts, news stories, interviews, feature pieces, live webinars, handbooks and white papers.
• Oversaw a network of two dozen blog contributors, assigning and editing all stories.
• Analyzed site metrics to inform editorial strategy.
• Worked with SEO team to implement best practices.
• Curated and formatted DBW’s 6x/week newsletter, the DBW Daily.
• Coordinated DBW’s social media strategy and communications.
• Reported live from major industry conferences and fairs.
• Helped program and coordinate annual industry conference
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
I specialise in creating wonderful WordPress websites for authors and others in the world of books, across all genres and markets
When I'm not getting involved in land wars in Asia, I help authors run their websites. I fix old sites, and keep them running.