Hello! I'm Catherine, and I've worn many hats over the years: editor, freelance writer, library lady, book reviewer, teacher, and mum. After a year on the marketing staff of Simon and Schuster, I spent eight years at Random House Books for Young Readers editing a little bit of everything. Since leaving Random House for a career in education, I have continued freelancing in the publishing world. I now focus on copy editing, developmental editing, completing editorial assessments, and children's fiction writing projects.I hold an M.A. in English Literature, a M.Ed. in Special Education, and an Ed.D. in Language Arts and Literacy Education. Lots of editors have enthusiasm and experience. What makes me unique is the way I understand children's literacy and children's literature and look through both lenses throughout the editing or writing process.
- *Orton-Gillingham trained at the Academy Associate Level, continuing to work under the mentorship of a Fellow
The Horn Book Guide
Reviewed children’s and teen books for The Horn Book Guide.
I specialize in providing editorial advice and services for children's fiction.
• Assessed mechanics, content, and style of manuscripts and gave feedback to authors.
• Performed copy editing services as part of a sample edit process.
New York Public Library--Children's Room
• Assisted children, parents, and teachers in finding materials for home and classroom use.
Random House Children's Books
• Acquired and edited fiction and nonfiction for age groups baby through teen.
• Represented Random House at conferences nationwide.
Catherine has 28 reviews