As an English Literature and Philosophy graduate from the University of Birmingham, books are my passion. I believe that books can change the world, even long after their author has gone. So, my mission is to help authors create life-changing and world-changing books!
In my 11+ years in the publishing industry, I’ve worked in-house for an indie publisher, been a freelance editor, and founded The Book Shelf Ltd. To date, I've worked on over 550 books as a developmental editor, copy editor, proofreader, and editorial quality checker. As a nonfiction book coach and editor, I help aspiring authors bring their nonfiction books to life, and I’ve worked with authors around the globe from first-timers to New York Times bestsellers.
Why choose me?
When it comes to nonfiction, I know what readers want and how to deliver it. But aside from my book knowledge and insider industry experience, I’m a conscientious individual who believes that we should all strive to make the world a better place for others (be it through our day-to-day actions, how we treat people, or writing a book).
What I offer:
· Coaching: I will guide you through the process of self-publishing so you’re not on your own, and help you go from idea to bookshelf. I'll help you understand who your audience is and what they want.
· Critique: I will give you honest feedback on your book (editorial assessment) and comprehensive guidance on how to improve it, giving you the tools to improve your book.
· Content editing: I will do a “big picture” (developmental / structural) edit to improve the book for you.
· Copy editing: I will do a "small picture" edit (wording / language), making sure your book sounds great and speaks to your readers.
· Book proposal: Alternatively, if you’re looking to land an agent / publisher, I can help you write a strong nonfiction book proposal and query letter.
Together, we'll ensure that your book is the best it can possibly be—compelling, effective, well-written, professional, and valuable. So, whether you're a first-time author, a non-native speaker, a bestseller, or anything else, get in touch—and let's bring your book to life!
NOW BOOKING PROJECTS FOR FEB 2022 ONWARDS.
• Proofread over 400 books and copyedited over 50, many by non-native English writers.
• Copyedited over 20 books for business publisher Impackt Publishing.
• Trained technical editors to improve editorial quality.
• Was responsible for house style guide and all editorial guidelines.
• Assessed and proofread around 1000 blurbs and title information sheets.
• Nonfiction book coach and editor offering coaching, critique (editorial assessment), content (developmental) editing, copy editing, and proofreading services through myself and my team of freelance professionals.
• Main genres are personal development, philosophy, business, and leadership.
• Edited over 100 nonfiction books, specialising in critique and content editing.
• Worked with a range of authors across the globe from first-timers to New York Times bestsellers.
Do you have a clearly defined sense of purpose? Are you aware of the factors that would make your vocational life inspiring and fulfilling as well as financially rewarding? Are you ready to experience change that will benefit your own life and inevitably benefit others? Do you ever wonder what prevents you from experiencing the state of health, wealth and quality of relationship that you would... read more
This book provides a step-by-step guide for graduates from any discipline on how to succeed in gaini....
WHAT IS THE OPTIMAL LIFE EXPERIENCE? HOW IS IT ATTAINED? These questions have been studied for thousands of years. This book finally deduces the answers. Drawing on concepts from psychology, philosophy, and economics, this book creates a coherent picture of the total human experience. From the complexities of life, it extracts a simple path to maximized well-being. That path incorporates gener... read more
Thinking about reducing your meat intake or moving towards a plant-based diet? In this book, discover how to make the transition from meat eater to plant-based gradually. Glen John Jones is a Personal Trainer who spent 27 years of his life as an avid meat eater, then suddenly felt the urge to stop eating meat. Despite concerns and being scared to change at first, he could no longer fight his g... read more
The status quo is broken. The political, economic, social, and market certainties that have underpinned commercial success for the last 70 years are dramatically changing. The balance of power is shifting as accepted wisdoms are being disrupted by an entirely new reality. Success is no longer assured by cutting costs, pursuing even greater efficiencies, and delivering short-term financial perf... read more
Forty years to write, twenty minutes to read.This incredibly concise and precise little book shines a light that illuminates a beautifully simple underlying structure to our universe. A profound principle which, for the purpose of this book, we shall call O. O is to philosophy what gravity is to science. Like gravity, the effects of O are very real, there in plain sight and obvious to see. Yet... read more
"Refreshingly simple, practical and inspiring. A book I wish I could give to myself a decade ago."- Scott Berkun, best-selling author The Myths of InnovationChange Your Default Settings and Change Your Course in LifeAt any given moment you're following pre-existing settings that direct your life along a certain path. They are your patterns of actions, words, and thoughts that have become ingra... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Reliable copy editor/proofreader with 20 years' experience. Love working with career guide, self-help, business, health, and memoir authors.
A senior commissioning editor and content developer with ten years of experience in professional, educational and trade publishing.