- Managed an editorial team of interns, editors, and graphic designers
- Edited and proofread manuscripts, ensuring that all publications conformed to the house style
- Managed the company’s submissions slush pile: assessing manuscript submissions for possible publication and/or feedback to writers
- Assessed work received from freelance writers, editors, and illustrators to ensure that they met project requirements
- Created publicity plans and materials for books, authors, and events
- Conducted research and wrote content for educational books, including Farafina’s Social Studies for Primary Schools, Civics for Primary Schools, Civics for Junior Secondary Schools and English Language for Primary Schools (forthcoming)
- Sourced new writers and freelancers for a wide range of specialties
- Drew up and managed publication timelines
- Supported graphic design as necessary, contributing to cover design and text layout
- Copy-edited and proofread manuscripts and company documents
- Managed the company’s blog and social media accounts
- Represented the company at industry events
- Assisted to execute publicity plans and events for books and authors
- Conducted research for educational books
- Read and evaluated manuscript submissions
- Answered book and publishing enquiries
- Liaised with writers, editors, and illustrators on company projects
- Assisted to draw up and manage publication timelines
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
A sharp, sensitive editor of fiction and creative nonfiction with twenty-five years of experience in publishing.
I have 32 years of editing and publishing children's books in Montreal. As a retired publisher, I would love to help craft your next book.