• Strategic planning of editorial vision for the nation’s leading environmental magazine.
• Development of content in response to feedback from the magazine’s stakeholders: executive leadership team, board of directors, authors, donors, and 20,000+ readers.
• Audit of 37 years of archival content to illuminate historical biases and leadership in initiatives to counterbalance those findings.
• Supervision of editorial staff designed to source leads, develop content, fact-check, and copyedit manuscripts.
• Supervision of production staff to traffic page proofs through QA and final upload.
• Recruitment and art direction of photographers and illustrators.
• Management of relations with authors, estates, agents, and publishers.
• Establishment of collaborations with other media producers and art institutions, including Invisibilia, On Being with Krista Tippett, Mass MoCA, Living on Earth, The Marshall Project, and Kaiser Health News.
• Representation of Orion in panels, readings, and school visits.
• Research and acquisition of 100+ titles annually.
• Supervision of editorial staff to develop, fact-check, and copyedit manuscripts.
• Implementation of mandatory bias review process for all new manuscripts.
• Participation in ILA, RRCNA, and other educational publishing conferences.
• Editorial and production project management of custom K-12 texts, including acquisition, development, page composition, and QA.
• Editorial and production project management of statewide testing proposals, including supervision of in-house and freelance writers, and collaborative research with subject matter experts.
• Management of relations with authors
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Editor of short stories, most recently selected for Best American Short Stories 2017 and PEN America Best Debut Short Stories 2018.
Passionate and meticulous copyeditor specializing in experimental literature and global perspectives. Ten years of lit mag experience.