I lead content at the nonprofit, Let Grow. At Let Grow, we believe when adults step back, kids step up. Every month, I lead the way to produce educational content, articles, videos, and more.
• Produces, writes, and leads video strategy at, including how-to, edujournalism, explainer, and Live events; millions of views each month
• Manages freelance talent to plan and create engaging, SEO-focused content for the website; 5 million unique visitors each month
• Creative lead for content marketing initiatives for national clients like PepsiCo, The Nature Conservancy, Elmer's, and more
• Works across all social platforms and with influencers to promote both editorial and client articles/ads/videos/etc.
• Leads strategy and brand planning for video.
• Led overall direction of a national magazine with more than 1 million subscribers
• Served as the brand manager for all editorial, marketing, and PR efforts
• Created products for print, online, books, iPhone apps, online education, video, and more
• Partnered with both local and national non-profits to promote birding and gardening
• Responsible for more than $8 million in revenue each year
• Spoke at conferences and events about environmental topics on behalf of the brand
• Recruited new writers, gardening advocates and professionals to grow the brand
• Developed creative ideas and methods to run a major brand with a small staff
Be an adventurous kid! Conquer a rock wall, go ziplining, create a geocache at your favorite nature hangout, camp without a tent. Most importantly, get your hands dirty. 101 Outdoor Adventures to Have Before You Grow Up offers up season-by-season activities, games, and challenges to get kids in the outdoors and loving it. With a striking visual style meant for big kids, this is the perfect boo... read more
"I kill everything I plant."Does this sound like you or someone you know? Give yourself a pat on the back because admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery. And lucky for you, you can easily turn your brown thumb into a green one with the help of Plants You Can’t Kill.Seriouslyit doesn’t matter how many plants you’ve killed in gardens past. It’s time to put those experiences ... read more
Following the success of Plants You Can’t Kill, Tornio now takes a look at those plants that can actually kill you if you’re not careful. This book will offer up information to gardening enthusiasts of all levels about common plants that are toxic, poisonous, and even deadly. While the level of toxicity varies from each plant, all are considered deadly in one way or another to wild animals, fa... read more
Bird Brainiacs is an interactive high-engagement journal for kids 8 - 13 who love birds―one that puts control of the experience in their hands. Throughout the pages, kids are encouraged to write, draw, and give their opinions about anything and everything related to birds. Yet, this is done in the most fun (and sometimes even silly) ways. Here are some of the things you'll come across in Bird ... read more
Does moss only grow on the north side of a tree? Is the North Star really the brightest star? Will a mother bird abandon its baby if you put it back in its nest? Will toads really give you warts? The Truth About Nature answers all of these questions and more. This useful compendium for parents and children to read together sets the record straight on nature myths once and for all. It breaks do... read more
Honorable Mention of the 2013 National Outdoor Book Awards. Nature is a destination, but you don't have to travel anywhere to find it. Just open the door and step outside. A fun, hands on approach to getting involved in nature, The Kids' Outdoor Adventure Book is a year-round how-to activity guidebook for getting kids outdoors and exploring nature, be it catching fireflies in the cool summer e... read more
The family that gardens together, grows together!In this beautiful, project-by-project guide, mom and master gardener Stacy Tornio will inspire gardeners young and old to explore, innovate, and cultivate through simple projects that will get a garden growing at any time of year. Your whole family be inspired to:Tend beautiful, practical gardens that work in any spacePlant flowers as colorful a... read more
This book brings the underwater world of sharks to life with eye-catching photos and captivating information about these mysterious and unusual aquatic hunters. Readers will learn how sharks live and hunt under the sea, and they'll get a close-up look at the various species of sharks, including Tiger Sharks, Hammerheads, and even Great Whites!
Ranger Rick: Butterflies brings the world of caterpillars and butterflies to life with eye-catching photos and captivating information about these remarkable insects. Learn how butterflies begin their lives as caterpillars and, through an astounding metamorphosis, emerge as beautiful, winged creatures; get an up-close look at butterflies’ amazing transformations, tricky defenses and camouflage... read more
When Henry's homerun ball lands in Creepy Cathy's yard, he and his buddy Andy go after it, despite their friends' warnings that they might not come back out. The boys search through Cathy's animal garden, discovering that things aren't always what they seem. Includes flower guide and planting zone map.
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Substantive editor, proofreader, copy editor, and fact checker with over six years of experience in educational publishing.
I'm a proofreader and copy editor specializing in nonfiction publishing for adults and children. New and established authors welcome!