I'm a Literary Agent at the Andrea Brown Literary Agency, and a geek with a love for romance novels and all things Star Wars, Star Trek and tabletop gaming. My love of great storytelling is what has driven my work in the publishing industry for the past 18 years. An avid coffee-drinker with an audiobook obsession, I enjoy several cups of strong Cuban coffee while escaping into worlds and stories from all walks of life. A passionate advocate of the BIPOC & LGBTQ+ communities, I enjoy fresh voices in Middle Grade, Young Adult, and Adult genre fiction.
My client titles include: Protective Instincts, by Tricia Lynne (2021), Does My Body Offend You? by Mayra Cuevas (2022), Unexpecting by Jen Bailey (2022), Lambda Literary Finalist and 2017 NYPL Book of the Year, Dreadnought by April Daniels.
• Review, edit and evaluate book concepts, proposals, and full-length manuscripts; providing feedback and revisions to authors; and line editing as needed.
• Pitch new manuscripts, proposals, portfolios for my author/illustrator clients.
• Revise client manuscripts, providing editorial assessments of the work as needed.
• Develop, nurture, and maintain new and ongoing relationships with authors, artists, agents, and other industry professionals.
• Cultivate an awareness of trends and competition in the publishing industry.
• Read queries and provide feedback on those viable for agents to review.
• Review, edit and evaluate book concepts, and full full-length manuscripts; providing feedback and revisions to authors; and line editing as needed.
• Freelance as Literary Agent with the L. Perkins Agency representing authors in the digital marketplace.
• A strong advocate for emerging publishing technologies and authors in the GLBT community.
• Responsible for the project management, training, implementation and strategic planning of product development for the Orlando-based textbook programs.
• Served as liaison between the technical production staff and the technical support staff for product development.
• Provided Tier 2 support for all software used in integrated workflow processes.
• Worked closely with Editorial, Production, Design, IT and Senior Management to obtain the necessary resources for a successful publish date.
• As the resident font guru, I have conducted font analysis, created best practices for font management, deployment, modification, and procurement as well as maintain a site blog that provides general information for all users.
• Worked with the QC department creating specs and templates in InDesign CS and CS2.
• Quality Control for master graphics, created font displays, completed document analysis, including font and color analysis of files using Adobe Creative Suite 2 with the integrated InCopy/InDesign Woodwing workflow.
A Popsugar Best Romance Novel of 2020RITA® Award—winning author Elia Winters delivers a sexy, playful frenemies-to-lovers road-trip romance.Megan Harris had hopes of seeing the world, but at twenty-five she’s never even left Florida. Now a wedding invitation lures her to Quebec…in February. When her ex-friend Scarlett offers to be her plus-one (yeah, that’s a whole story) and suggests they tur... read more
A slow-burn romance in a cutthroat kitchen! There’s more to becoming a top chef for 17-year-old Isabella Fields than just not getting chopped … especially when the chances of things heating up with an intriguing boy and becoming a food star in the kitchen are both on the chopping block. Aspiring chef Isa’s family life has fallen apart after the death of her Cuban abuela and the divorce of her ... read more
***2019 RITA™ AWARD WINNER -- BEST EROTIC ROMANCE***Hannah Stewart knows what she likes, and it doesn't include relationships. She has enough on her plate with her fledgling adult novelty shop, Yes Please. But even with an arsenal of sex toys at her disposal, she's hit a dry spell--one she wishes the sexy Mitchell Fredericks would help her out with.There's just one snag. His sexy roommate and ... read more
Stetson Major and Curtis Traynor are about as opposite as two cowboys can get. Stetson is a rancher, tied to the land he loves in Taos, New Mexico, while Curtis is a rodeo cowboy whose wanderlust never could be tamed. But now Stetson’s momma is dying of Alzheimer’s, and she can't remember that Curtis hasn't been Stetson's boyfriend for a long time. Curtis's absence makes her cry, so Stetson sw... read more
“Are you a fan of The Outsiders and Perks of Being a Wallflower? Now imagine them mashed together. That’s what awaits you in Burro Hills by Julia Lynn Rubin.” —YA InterrobangJack Burns is a resident—though oftentimes he feels like an inmate—of the tiny, California desert town of Burro Hills. Growing up surrounded by the broken dreams of his parents, Jack wonders if he will ever just get out. G... read more
Take one heartbroken Chicago girlLiterary editor Antonia Harper had it all—the career, the man, the future. That was then. Now Antonia is jobless, alone and at a crossroads. What better time to travel the world? A solo honeymoon on the Emerald Isle will be like hitting the reset button. No distractions, no drama.Add some luck o’ the IrishAiden Byrnes may be a literature professor, but words fa... read more
What happens in the stacks stays in the stacks…Professor Victoria Reese knows an uphill battle when she sees one. Convincing her narrow-minded colleagues at the elite Pembroke University to back a partnership with the local library is a fight she saw coming and already has a plan for. What she didn’t see coming? The wildly hot librarian who makes it clear books aren’t the only thing he’d like ... read more
“Super sexy! Against a sensual New Orleans backdrop, Moonlight & Whiskey follows a woman’s journey toward acceptance of her body and herself.”—Helen Hoang, author of The Kiss QuotientWhen life gives you curves, you gotta learn how to rock them. Successful businesswoman Avery Barrows likes her dips and curves, but she’s sick of the haters telling her that she should be ashamed of her body inste... read more
A trans teen is transformed into a superhero in this action-packed series-starter perfect for fans of The Heroine Complex and Not Your Sidekick. Danny Tozer has a problem: she just inherited the powers of Dreadnought, the world’s greatest superhero. Until Dreadnought fell out of the sky and died right in front of her, Danny was trying to keep people from finding out she’s transgender. But befo... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.