• Review, edit and evaluate book concepts, proposals, and full-length manuscripts; providing feedback and revisions to authors; and line editing as needed.
• Pitch new manuscripts, proposals, portfolios for my author/illustrator clients.
• Revise client manuscripts, providing editorial assessments of the work as needed.
• Develop, nurture, and maintain new and ongoing relationships with authors, artists, agents, and other industry professionals.
• Cultivate an awareness of trends and competition in the publishing industry.
• Read queries and provide feedback on those viable for agents to review.
• Review, edit and evaluate book concepts, and full full-length manuscripts; providing feedback and revisions to authors; and line editing as needed.
• Freelance as Literary Agent with the L. Perkins Agency representing authors in the digital marketplace.
• A strong advocate for emerging publishing technologies and authors in the GLBT community.
• Responsible for the project management, training, implementation and strategic planning of product development for the Orlando-based textbook programs.
• Served as liaison between the technical production staff and the technical support staff for product development.
• Provided Tier 2 support for all software used in integrated workflow processes.
• Worked closely with Editorial, Production, Design, IT and Senior Management to obtain the necessary resources for a successful publish date.
• As the resident font guru, I have conducted font analysis, created best practices for font management, deployment, modification, and procurement as well as maintain a site blog that provides general information for all users.
• Worked with the QC department creating specs and templates in InDesign CS and CS2.
• Quality Control for master graphics, created font displays, completed document analysis, including font and color analysis of files using Adobe Creative Suite 2 with the integrated InCopy/InDesign Woodwing workflow.
An action-packed series-starter perfect for fans of The Heroine Complex and Not Your Sidekick.“I didn’t know how much I needed this brave, thrilling book until it rocked my world. Dreadnought is the superhero adventure we all need right now.”—Charlie Jane Anders, author of All the Birds in the SkyDanny Tozer has a problem: she just inherited the powers of Dreadnought, the world’s greatest supe... read more
A slow-burn romance in a cutthroat kitchen! There’s more to becoming a top chef for 17-year-old Isabella Fields than just not getting chopped … especially when the chances of things heating up with an intriguing boy and becoming a food star in the kitchen are both on the chopping block. Aspiring chef Isa’s family life has fallen apart after the death of her Cuban abuela and the divorce of her ... read more
***2019 RITA™ AWARD WINNER -- BEST EROTIC ROMANCE***Hannah Stewart knows what she likes, and it doesn't include relationships. She has enough on her plate with her fledgling adult novelty shop, Yes Please. But even with an arsenal of sex toys at her disposal, she's hit a dry spell--one she wishes the sexy Mitchell Fredericks would help her out with.There's just one snag. His sexy roommate and ... read more
Reading his future in a glass of sweet tea.The youngest son of one of America’s richest families, Remy Merced is so busy trying to save his family company from collapse, he’s never taken time to figure out if he’s gay, much less if he’s happy. Then his meddling mama hires him an assistant who’s everything Remy thinks he doesn’t want. Cute Harper Treadwell, from rural Arkansas, is a brilliant b... read more
Stetson Major and Curtis Traynor are about as opposite as two cowboys can get. Stetson is a rancher, tied to the land he loves in Taos, New Mexico, while Curtis is a rodeo cowboy whose wanderlust never could be tamed. But now Stetson’s momma is dying of Alzheimer’s, and she can't remember that Curtis hasn't been Stetson's boyfriend for a long time. Curtis's absence makes her cry, so Stetson sw... read more
When Opposites Attract -- and Compete.Will Ashford lives in two closets. He yearns to be a serious artist but satisfies his wealthy father as a business major and the quarterback of the famous SCU football team. He’s gay but he dates a cheerleader and feels like crap about it. And he has a plan - - if he can win the coveted Milton Scholarship for art, he’ll be able to stop living his father’s ... read more
A Shifter U TaleOutfoxing their enemies will be a bear of a task. Aspiring journalist and fox shifter David ends up with a target on his back after hacking the Moreau Initiative, the shifter world’s greatest enemy. But he won’t let that stop him from the campus tour road trip that’ll help him become the next Anderson Cooper… even if his family insists he travel with a grumpy grizzly bear bodyg... read more
“Are you a fan of The Outsiders and Perks of Being a Wallflower? Now imagine them mashed together. That’s what awaits you in Burro Hills by Julia Lynn Rubin.” —YA InterrobangJack Burns is a resident—though oftentimes he feels like an inmate—of the tiny, California desert town of Burro Hills. Growing up surrounded by the broken dreams of his parents, Jack wonders if he will ever just get out. G... read more
Take one heartbroken Chicago girlLiterary editor Antonia Harper had it all—the career, the man, the future. That was then. Now Antonia is jobless, alone and at a crossroads. What better time to travel the world? A solo honeymoon on the Emerald Isle will be like hitting the reset button. No distractions, no drama.Add some luck o’ the IrishAiden Byrnes may be a literature professor, but words fa... read more
What happens in the stacks stays in the stacks…Professor Victoria Reese knows an uphill battle when she sees one. Convincing her narrow-minded colleagues at the elite Pembroke University to back a partnership with the local library is a fight she saw coming and already has a plan for. What she didn’t see coming? The wildly hot librarian who makes it clear books aren’t the only thing he’d like ... read more
“Super sexy! Against a sensual New Orleans backdrop, Moonlight & Whiskey follows a woman’s journey toward acceptance of her body and herself.”—Helen Hoang, author of The Kiss QuotientWhen life gives you curves, you gotta learn how to rock them. Successful businesswoman Avery Barrows likes her dips and curves, but she’s sick of the haters telling her that she should be ashamed of her body inste... read more
Seventeen-year-old Connor works his butt off to maintain the golden-boy persona he’s created. He has the grades, the extracurriculars, the athletics, and a part-time job at his dad’s shop… every detail specifically chosen to ensure the college scholarships he needs to get the hell out of the Podunk town where he lives. The last thing he needs is an unexpected attraction to Graham, an eyeliner-... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Experienced, committed, award-winning editor who's patient and sensitive to the needs particular to you and your book.
Fiction editor, specializing in science fiction, fantasy, and young adult manuscripts, with experience in traditional and indie publishing.