For nearly 20 years, I have worked in publishing both in-house and with individual authors, providing cover-to-cover design services as well as packaging and branding, taking books from manuscript to published! I work closely with an author to bring their vision to life.
As a full-service publishing design professional with solid experience in interior page and cover design, as well as typography and layout, I:
• Have extensive experience in many types of book design, including educational curriculum, children's trade, memoirs novels, magazines, and more.
• Provide full design services for both print and digital books.
• Listen to my clients, incorporating feedback to provide designs tailored to fit their needs.
• Work collaboratively with clients throughout the entire process, from initial briefing to final design, sourcing and managing illustrators and photographers, as needed.
- 2015 Annual Book Show, Publishing Professionals Network
- 2014, 2015 Inhouse Design Awards, Graphic Design USA
- 2013 Distinguished Achievement Awards, Association of Educational Publishers
- 2011 Beacon Award, Association of Educational Publishers
- 2010 Annual Book Show, Publishing Professionals Network
- 2018 Aquent Design for Good Award Grant
- 2020 Purple Dragonfly Book Award: Honorable Mention, Children’s Nonfiction
- 2020 Graphic Design USA Design Award—book cover and interior design
- 2021 Graphic Design USA People to Watch
- WIX Webmaster Certification
Center for the Collaborative Classroom
Directs the integrated design of all print and digital products, including managing employees, contractors, and vendors. Accomplishments and duties:
• Leads the conceptualization and design of Collaborative Literacy—a comprehensive curriculum comprised of three modular products at seven grade levels. This project involves extensive brand, package and text design, as well as media, and online deliverable—all on impossibly tight timelines, including leading a team of six designers and over 20 illustrators for one product component.
• Partners with cross-departmental teams throughout the entire design process, collaborating and coordinating on processes and workflow to facilitate cooperation and efficiency
• Oversees and manages the design of all products: interface, product interiors, packaging, media, and ancillaries—from concept to completion—with great attention to details
Roberta has 16 reviews