• Taught students the fundamentals of typography and digital illustration
• Created syllabi, assignments, and test materials; gave lectures and facilitated discussions
• Imparted real-world knowledge of the design industry
Directs the integrated design of all print and digital products, including managing employees, contractors, and vendors. Accomplishments and duties:
• Leads the conceptualization and design of Collaborative Literacy—a comprehensive curriculum comprised of three modular products at seven grade levels. This project involves extensive brand, package and text design, as well as media, and online deliverable—all on impossibly tight timelines, including leading a team of six designers and over 20 illustrators for one product component.
• Partners with cross-departmental teams throughout the entire design process, collaborating and coordinating on processes and workflow to facilitate cooperation and efficiency
• Oversees and manages the design of all products: interface, product interiors, packaging, media, and ancillaries—from concept to completion—with great attention to details
Imagine being the tallest person in the world. As a child. You just keep growing and growing and growing...six feet...seven feet...eight feet up. The world is made in miniature and you must constantly endure. The crush of public attention is relentless. Some people are kind, some are mean. All are curious. This may sound like a tale from long ago, but this is the inspirational true life story ... read more
Change is hard. It’s also stressful. Studies show that even making positive changes is stressful. The way to get around that difficulty and stress is to make really small changes. Getting organized can be a huge, overwhelming project. Maybe you don’t know where to start. Or how to keep going. Or you can’t find the time for such an undertaking. The problem is that you’re looking at the entire p... read more
© 2018 Françoise Herrmann The first volume of Patents on the Soles of Your Shoes is a book intended for readers who are seriously interested in inventions and the documents that drive them. From Nike Inc., sole systems with on-board biometric sensors and peek-a-boo windows, to Sanuk® “hoodies” for your feet, via Geox Amphibiox "holey" shoes and Asics® gel soles, this reference book is all abou... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Book designer and illustrator. 20 years experience in publishing. Penguin, DK, Orchard, Templar, Scholastic, Ladybird, BBC, JKP and more.
Freelance Graphic Designer and Illustrator specialising in children's publishing, creating beautiful and engaging books and content.