- Basic Proofreading (Passed with Merit - Publishing Training Centre - 2011
- Introduction to Copy-editing - SfEP - 2012
- Copy-editing Skills - Publishing Training Centre - 2012
- Introduction to Adobe InDesign CS6 - Certitec - 2014
- Brush Up Your Grammar - SfEP - 2017
- Content, SEO and Editing - Copyediting.com - 2018
I am a qualified copy-editor and proofreader, and I have worked on over 300 books, specialising in fiction and general non-fiction. I have also worked on hundreds of other projects, including commercial reports, catalogues, brochures and newsletters and many other types of documentation.
I can work on paper or on-screen, proofread 'blind' or against copy, and can use the 2005 BSI mark-up symbols.
Most recent clients: Pan MacMillan/Tor Books, Wellcome Collection, Endava PEG, The Literary Consultancy, Arvon Foundation, Dahlia Publishing, Ebury Publishing, The School of Life, Stork Press, Troubador Publishing, Hodder & Stoughton, Alliance Publishing Press, The History Press, Biteback Publishing, Robson Press, Roman Books, Black Library, as well as a large number of self-publishing clients.
Subjects: fiction (general, literary, thrillers, historical, sci-fi/fantasy/horror, short stories), non-fiction (history, memoir, biography), computer technology/software/hardware, literary studies, sport.
Richard has 2 reviews