I develop concepts, write proposals and books on photography and Photoshop. I do all the writing and illustration. I worked with Macmillan (Que, SAMS, Pearson), SYBEX (Wiley), Focal Press/Routledge (Taylor & Frances).
I started doing freelance editing almost immediately after graduating with my MFA in fiction writing. I was inspired by a company that hired me to review manuscripts. I do everything from beta reading to ghostwriting. Including work I have done for individuals, literary agencies, and publishing houses, I have worked on over 4000 titles in every imaginable genre. In 2021, I ghostwrote books on baseball (2), wellness, business politics and structure (3), motivation, and a Japanese-styled fiction novel.
Amherst Media is a publisher of how-to photography books that covers everything from how to take a photo to running a photography business. I started there as a one-man 'team' and expanded from producing three books a year to nine.
* Responsible for editorial and visual development of how-to manuscripts.
* Designed book covers and engineered internal layout.
* Created original graphics and illustrations.
* Completed photo selection, color correction, and retouching.
* Managed editorial, design, and production staff.
* Conducted interviews, trained staff, and selected freelancers.
* Designed, coded, posted, and updated web pages.
* Maintained computers and implemented system changes
is a website for photography enthusiasts. While there I developed my own course line and became one of the top-selling online instructors out of the 50 instructors participating on the site. Courses were often based on books I published as an author for traditional publishing houses.
SofTrek Corporation was a software company specializing in enterprise solutions for fundraising organizations. I moved through responsibilities in my time there to include Communications Manager, Documentation Specialist, Information Architect, Event Manager, and Trainer.
* Consistent Innovator often operating on a low or no budget.
* Conducted interviews, then selected and hired employees/interns.
* Identified and contracted outsourced services.
* Launched rebranding efforts to redefine corporate identity.
* Created materials for promotion of the corporation, services, and products.
* Maintained promotional products and inventory.
* Planned and ran annual users conference.
* Initiated and administered user discussion groups and client communications.
* Led startup projects and integrations.
* Developed functionality and UI for web and desktop software.
* Implemented corporate website.
* Evolved user documentation from paper to pure digital distribution.
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Developmental editing, copyediting, and writing for the nonfiction world: health, diet, nutrition, fitness, tech, and entrepreneurship.
I've worked as a translator and currently work as a freelance copyeditor and proofreader in academic and independent publishing.