I specialize in both commercial and literary fiction, as well as a wide range of nonfiction. As an agent, I am proud to represent a list of award winning, national and international bestselling authors. In addition I provide freelance editorial work for aspiring writers and published authors who I do not represent.
I approach the business with boldness, thoughtfulness, out-of-the-box thinking, and dogged hard work to maximize each client's potential.
• Sold commercial and literary fiction and non-fiction across all ages to the big five publishers and beyond
• Solicited new clients and independently developed projects from the ground up
• Negotiated all domestic deals and contracts independently; oversaw all details of foreign deals
• Provided collegial support to the agency on negotiating deal/contract points, editorial feedback, and general client management
Foreign Rights Director/Literary Agent
• Managed and sold the foreign rights to Aaron Priest’s entire client list, including international bestselling authors David Baldacci, Robert Crais, and Greg Iles. Client list also included an active backlist of 35 years, including Robert James Waller and Erma Bombeck
• Wrote all pitch letters and held all foreign meetings, negotiated and structured seven and eight-figure deals, negotiated all contracts, oversaw worldwide marketing campaigns, corresponded with sub-agents, created rights lists, attended rights fairs, oversaw each client’s career in all foreign territories
• Solely represented the domestic and international rights to one’s own growing client list
• Attended to all permission requests for the office’s entire list
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.