- Editing several dozen articles per week, per various partners’ style guides, often on very tight deadlines. Providing detailed feedback and assisting with several rounds of revisions.
- Regularly meeting with Managing Editor to discuss challenges and successes and report on departmental metrics.
- Delivering content to media partners via content management systems on or before the deadline.
- Overseeing article publication links and providing metrics reports (articles edited, published, etc.).
- Pushing member content live on various properties daily.
- Updating editorial queue and calendar.
- Lead the content edit, copy edit, typecode, and proofread of print and electronic books
- Manage project based editing teams, compile edits, and write notes
- Construct and supervise editorial production schedule and coordinate with other departments
- Correspond with authors, individual book editors, and project team managers
- Provide professional freelance writing, developmental editing, line editing, and book coaching services
- Member of the Northwest Editors Guild, ACES, Willamette Writers, Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Former literary agent, book scout, and script doctor specializing in YA and romance. In the words of a great mentor: Story matters!
Hands-on, collaborative editor with a passion for literary fiction who brings a background in psychology to the editorial process.