- Editing several dozen articles per week, per various partners’ style guides, often on very tight deadlines. Providing detailed feedback and assisting with several rounds of revisions.
- Regularly meeting with Managing Editor to discuss challenges and successes and report on departmental metrics.
- Delivering content to media partners via content management systems on or before the deadline.
- Overseeing article publication links and providing metrics reports (articles edited, published, etc.).
- Pushing member content live on various properties daily.
- Updating editorial queue and calendar.
- Lead the content edit, copy edit, typecode, and proofread of print and electronic books
- Manage project based editing teams, compile edits, and write notes
- Construct and supervise editorial production schedule and coordinate with other departments
- Correspond with authors, individual book editors, and project team managers
- Provide professional freelance writing, developmental editing, line editing, and book coaching services
- Member of the Northwest Editors Guild, ACES, Willamette Writers, Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Science fiction and fantasy editor (English and French). I emphasize on world creation, point of view/viewpoint and delivery of information.
Friendly and experienced copyeditor with a passion for young adult and adult fantasy and science fiction.