• Promoted from managing editor to senior managing editor of 20+ person audiobooks department in 2017 • Lead weekly staff meeting • Roster of books has expanded from about 300 to 500 titles—fiction and nonfiction—in two years • Solely responsible for all aspects of production schedule • Work with editors to get finished manuscripts to producers for narration under tight deadlines • Serve as liaison between multiple parts of company and multiple audiobook departments • Write purchase orders for packaging and compact discs, ensuring expenditures are in line with budgets • Calculate P&Ls when a recording runs longer or shorter than expected • Calculate quarterly profits of manufacture-on-demand program, which was in its infancy in 2016 but is now a major revenue stream • File copyrights weekly with the Library of Congress • Serve as de facto copy editor for all audiobook packaging and advertising materials because of past copy-editing experience • Review and approve packaging and advertising materials • Approve invoices from printers and duplicators • Member of Diversity Education & Outreach Program
• Worked with authors, packagers and lawyers on contracts • Led weekly book ideation meetings; part of team that critiqued and approved book pitches • Part of team that critiqued and approved cover art for each book and special edition—200+ titles yearly • Editor of several Time special editions • Copy edited marketing and advertising materials • Part of final copy-editing team on all LIFE books and special editions • Liaison between marketing and editorial teams on all promotional copy and artwork • Approved payments to authors and book packagers • Put together editorial, photo and art teams to work on each title • Led overhaul of company filing and document-retention systems
• Set and maintained schedules for editorial, art, copy and freelance departments and enforced deadlines • Managed budgets and contracts • Edited and posted stories on • Generated story ideas • Part of top-editing team that edited all stories in three rounds of proofs • Conducted interviews and wrote stories • Led daily photography and weekly editorial meetings • Liaison between editorial, advertising, production, photo and art departments • Worked with copy chief on updating and maintaining house style
• Set and maintained schedules for three-city editorial and art teams while enforcing deadlines • Reviewed story pitches from stable of freelance writers • Part of top-editing team that edited all stories in first and final proofs • Tracked all stories through each editorial stage of monthly process • Led weekly editorial meetings via videoconference with Chicago office • Kept editors informed of updates and changes in K4 queue • Contributed to and posted the Playboy blog daily • Interviewed coaches and athletes for sports preview issues • Acted as liaison between editorial, art, law, production, copy and research departments • Aided department heads in maintaining freelance contracts, payments and scheduling
• Ensured highest level of grammar and usage in text; approximately 30 edit pages per weekly issue • Set and ensured style was maintained consistently throughout magazine • Prioritized and scheduled editorial team under weekly deadlines; dealt diplomatically with editors • Assisted on production details when necessary; shipped pages to printer • Managed art directors and set deadlines for photo and graphical content • Wrote and researched “The FN List” each week
#1 New York Times BestsellerWith extraordinary access to the West Wing, Michael Wolff reveals what happened behind-the-scenes in the first nine months of the most controversial presidency of our time in Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House.Since Donald Trump was sworn in as the 45th President of the United States, the country―and the world―has witnessed a stormy, outrageous, and absolut... read more
This is New York Times bestselling author and Emmy-nominated broadcaster Ron Darling's 108 baseball anecdotes that connect America’s game to the men who played it.In 108 Stitches, New York Times bestselling author and Emmy Award-winning broadcaster Ron Darling offers his own take on the "six degrees of separation" game and knits together wild, wise, and wistful stories reflecting the full arc ... read more
In his first and only official autobiography, music icon Elton John reveals the truth about his extraordinary life, which is also the subject of the upcoming film Rocketman. The result is Me - the joyously funny, honest and moving story of the most enduringly successful singer/songwriter of all time.Christened Reginald Dwight, he was a shy boy with Buddy Holly glasses who grew up in the London... read more
The instant #1 New York Times bestseller (January 2019) everyone is talking about! People Magazine's Book of the Week • Bookish's "Must-Read Books of Winter" • PopSugar's "Best Books of Winter" • Cosmopolitan's "2019 Books to Bring to Your Book Club" • Bookbub's "Biggest Books of Winter" • Refinery 29's "Best Books of January 2019" • Crime Reads' "January's Best Psychological Thrillers" • InSt... read more
Selected as a Best Book of the Year by Esquire"Couldn't put it down." – Charlamagne Tha God"Mesmerizing." – Raekwon da Chef"Insightful, moving, necessary." – Shea Serrano"Cathartic." –The New Yorker"A classic." –The Washington PostThe explosive, never-before-told story behind the historicrise of the Wu-Tang Clan, as told by one of its founding members, Lamont "U-God" Hawkins.“It’s time to writ... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
I am an accredited indexer with over 6 years experience. I am reliable, accurate, and am able to index any format on almost any topic.
I edit and write contemporary non-fiction across a range of genres. Clients include Noel Gallagher, Chris Tarrant and Professor Green.