My publishing experiences include editing fiction and non-fiction texts, educational publishing, production editing, and editorial project management. I currently work with a wide range of genres and reading levels, such as Young Adult/YA (including fantasy and sci-fi), Middle Grade, Adult Fiction (including crime and dystopian), and Children’s Books (picture and educational books).
I’ve been on both sides of the freelancing fence: as a production editor it was part of my job to hire editors and review their work; now I’m working as a freelance editor myself. This experience has given me a thorough understanding of the process, including the importance of clear communication between authors and editors.
I look forward to meeting you!
• Copy editing, proofreading (general proofreading, line-to-line checking/matching, checking corrections from editors and designers), and production editing.
• Demonstrate creative and analytical adaptability to successfully edit books in a variety of genres, including children's books, YA fiction, and adult fiction.
• Services include:
- Editorial project management
- Copy editing
- Audio books
• Liaised with authors and editors to create lasting professional relationships. Coordinated the delivery of all materials and information between authors, editors, and designers, and tracked all editorial passes for reviewers, including educators and field experts.
• Functioned as copy editor and proofreader, delivering detailed notes for the developmental editors.
• Hired and managed a team of freelance developmental editors, ensuring their content and work process complied with the publisher’s editorial standards.
• Created audio manuscripts for epubs and proof-listened to audio recordings for accuracy.
• Checked and approved pre-flight PDFs for print production specialists.
• Updated the company’s in-house style, including manuscript templates and guidelines, for maximum work efficiency.
• Designed and maintained a production schedule for authors, editors, and designers. Kept managing editors and publishers updated on project progress and general editorial issues.
• Collaborated with editors and designers to solve manuscript and page layout issues.
• Approved texts from the copy edit stage to production. Coordinated with production specialist, checked, and approved/signed-off on printer’s proofs.
• Managed the reprint production process and materials.
• Copy edit and proofread student and teacher materials and managed a team of freelance editors and their work.
• Prepared print materials for digital/e-book editions. Reviewed scripts for audiobooks and audio files for quality control.
• Adapted fiction and nonfiction texts from other English-speaking countries, including student books, specifically for a Canadian audience and specific age demographics.
• Managed library/stock of the printed material and assigned ISBNs for the new product.
A young Canadian soldier’s account of the battle of Ortona, Italy!Seventeen-year-old Paul Baldassara lies about his age to enlist in the Canadian Army. He joins the Loyal Edmonton regiment, which is tasked with taking Italy’s port town of Ortona. Little does he know the horrors of the battle that lie ahead . . .Paul soon finds himself in the midst of the fierce fighting that earned Ortona the ... read more
A new year, a new controversy and another way to make Kennedy mad . . .Arthur A. Bean is back! With Robbie in another city (thank goodness for texting) and Kennedy as his co-editor of the school newspaper, Arthur s final year at Terry Fox Jr. High is off to a rocky start. A chance to produce his own play gives him visions of fame and (finally!) the respect he is sure he deserves, but that s al... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Passionate children's book editor of picture books, middle grade and teen fiction for companies like Scholastic and top literary agencies.
Experienced, friendly editor with an M.A. in Children’s Literature. I’ve got a critical eye and an open mind. Let’s make magic together!