I’ve worked on Newbery winning books and NY Times bestsellers. I treat every book I work on with the same importance. Let’s work together!
- Designed Newbery award winner The Crossover
- Designed bestselling series Dork Diaries
- Designed the CSK winner A Few Red Drops
- Designed Steptoe award winner Hoodoo
- Designed NYT bestseller Beyonders
- BA in fine arts from The School of Visual Arts
Responsible for creating and designing book covers and interiors for all formats. Oversees each project through the design process from conception to approval to delivery of final materials to production.
Clients include Harper Collins, Holiday House, Smallbatch books, Penguin Random House, Sterling/Barnes and Noble publishing and Little Bee Books.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Senior Designer for Clarion and HMH Books for Young Readers in the New York office. Responsible for creating and designing book covers and interiors for all formats. Oversees each project through the design process from conception to approval to delivery of final materials to production.
Responsibilities include the following:
* Creates appropriate designs for YA, middle grade, nonfiction, and picture books with an eye toward multiple formats. Primary focus is high-end jackets for middle-grade and YA novels.
* Works closely with illustrators and photographers in the creation of cover and interior artwork.
* Works closely with the Art Director to schedule and prepare materials for jacket meetings and sales and marketing needs.
* Ensures all projects are handled properly and on schedule and budget, from issuing agreements to managing approvals to placing files in the appropriate systems.
* Assists Art Director with mentoring other designers.
Simon & Schuster
Responsible for all the stages of the jacket and interior design of young adult, middle grade novels, picture book, chapter books, and graphic novels. From hiring, billing and invoicing illustrators, purchasing stock photos to putting together printer ready mechanicals, color correction and working with prepress production. Also prepared files for E-book production and archived all assets.
Notable titles include:
The bestselling Dork Diaries series as well as the New York Times #1 bestselling Beyonders series.
Lisa has 13 reviews