There are few things more rewarding than working with authors, and I've had the opportunity to work on a lot of notable projects! Serving as the in-house editor on What Is a Dog? by Chloe Shaw was a career highlight (reviews by The Washington Post, Booklist, and Publishers Weekly), as was the opportunity to acquire and edit The Unseen Body by Dr. Jonathan Reisman, a narrative tour through the human body being published October 2021. I'd also be remiss to not include The Lincoln Conspiracy by Brad Meltzer and Josh Mensch and El Jefe by Alan Feuer as projects I feel especially lucky to have been involved in, as both earned multiple starred trade and reader reviews and were unbelievably fun editing experiences. The common denominator with all of these titles—which range from breathtaking debuts to a New York Times bestseller—is always this: a dedicated author passionate about bringing their story to life.
I like to tailor my editorial feedback to each project and each writer's needs and desires. I believe in a truly collaborative approach to the editing process, and it's my goal to help guide you to a final product you are proud of with all the care it deserves. An editorial partnership is a unique one, and I look forward to working with you to conceptualize, shape, and/or fine-tune your newest creative project.
- Publishing Certificate
I built a client list of nonfiction and fiction authors and sold to a variety of publishing houses, including Lake Union, Page Street Kids, and Post Hill Press.
• Offers editorial support and publishing insight for students of all ages as well as both established and aspiring authors
• Provided editorial and administrative support to the President and SVP/Publisher, and formerly the Executive Editor and Editorial Director
• Maintained professional and responsive communication with authors, agents, and other internal departments
• Worked closely on high-profile titles as well as the Oprah team and books published under her imprint
Pen and Press
• Worked with clients to achieve their creative goals through ghostwriting, editorial work, and social media management
• Read, edited, and commented on writing submissions from students
• Provided academic support and consistent feedback to writers of all ages and across all disciplines
• Worked alongside editorial staff to copyedit the quarterly print journal as well as KROnline and the Kenyon Review monthly newsletter
• Managed a group of 10–12 associates on the copyediting team
• Read and evaluated submissions
Lauren has 19 reviews