• Reviews and edits manuscripts from self-published or first-time authors in romance, YA, historical fiction, and fantasy genres.
• Guides authors through the editing process — from first draft to query letter.
• Proofreads and formats manuscripts before publication.
• Provides publishing consultation services.
• Writes and edits for clients in the health and wellness industry.
• Edited 60+ children's educational books per year for K–12 age groups. Subjects include: English, science, history, and fiction.
• Coordinated and enlisted freelance editors and authors.
• Generated new series ideas each season, some of which have had success, such as Life As and Designing Engineering Solutions.
• Enlisted new authors and guided them through the publishing process.
• Assisted editorial director in managing 150+ titles each season.
• Edited 50+ titles per year in Young Adult fiction, women's fiction, sports, biography, and creative nonfiction. Some books edited: Tiny Acts of Love by Lucy Lawrie, The Sarah Midnight Trilogy by Daniela Sacerdoti, His Father's Son by Tony Black, Take Me Home by Daniela Sacerdoti, All Because of Henry by Nuala Gardner, Lullaby Girl by Aly Sidgwick
• Read submissions.
• Wrote back cover and website copy for specific titles.
• Read submissions from the submission pile.
• Assisted associate editor for Berkley Books in author management.
• Attended weekly meetings with the vice president of Berkley Books.
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Freelance editor offering top-notch manuscript editing with a backlist of bestselling authors who repeatedly choose me for every new release
A freelance editor who specializes in YA--across a variety of genres. My passion is to help authors get closer to their dreams.