For nearly three decades, I have developed my publishing craft as:
• An author of novels for both adult and young readers, including Drowning with Others (Amazon Publishing) and The Phantom Tower (Penguin Random House)
• An editor of anthologies, such as A Million Acres (Riverbend Publishing)
• A writer of short stories, including “Cosmo’s Wild Ride” (Boys’ Life)
• A freelance writer with cover stories in the Chicago Tribune Magazine and other publications
• A copywriter for the Chicago Children’s Museum and other clients
As second-in-command of a publishing imprint with $4.6 million in annual revenue, my key responsibilities included:
• Developing and launching new editorial products
• Overseeing complex editorial packages spanning print and online platforms
• Creating content marketing products: white papers, advertorials, surveys, etc.
• Maintaining editorial quality of all e-products, including a suite of e-newsletters
• Writing and editing book reviews, e-newsletters, blog posts, marketing copy, and more
• Supervising a robust social media program
As the first-ever Booklist editor with responsibilities for digital content, my key accomplishments included:
• Designing, project managing, and launching Booklist Online
• Writing, commissioning, and editing online content to daily, weekly, and monthly deadlines
• Creating targeted e-newsletters and editing 33 issues annually
• Directing a comprehensive social media program
• Launching and acquiring new blogs
They have the perfect marriage. Did one of them kill to get it?Prep school sweethearts Ian and Andi Copeland are envied by everyone they know. They have successful businesses, a beautiful house in St. Louis, and their eldest daughter, Cassidy, is following in their footsteps by attending prestigious Glenlake Academy. Then, a submerged car is dredged from the bottom of a swimming hole near the ... read more
“Somewhere between Tom Perrotta and Erica Jong lies The Swing of Things, a charming, sexy, and surprisingly tender romp through the dark side of wish fulfillment. I’ll never look at the other playground parents the same way again.” —Marcus SakeyTold from the dual perspective of a husband and a wife, The Swing of Things is a sexy, provocative, page-turning novel about a suburban couple who want... read more
Montana's stunning landscape shapes all who live here and all who visit. In twenty powerful pieces of writing―essays, memoirs, short stories―the state's finest contemporary writers explore the plains, rivers, and mountains of Big Sky Country. They show us how natural beauty and hardship are two sides of the same coin, and how sometimes the only way to cure heartache is to visit the great outdo... read more
Twin brothers discover their new home is also a portal--for an hour a day--to a parallel dimension in this rollicking middle-grade adventure, perfect for fans of The Mysterious Benedict Society Colm and Mal are twins so identical their own mom can't tell them apart, but they're different in just about every other way. Mal's a pragmatist while Colm's a dreamer, and they bicker and battle consta... read more
A wild and whimsical adventure story, perfect for fans of Escape from Mr. Lemoncello’s LibraryBrian can think of a few places he'd rather spend his summer than with his aunt and uncle in Boring, Illinois. Jail, for example. Or an earplug factory. Anything would be better than doing summer school on a computer while his scientist dad is stationed at the South Pole. Boring lives up to its name u... read more
Eric Heidle's "Ace in the Hole" nominated for a 2018 Edgar Award for Best Short Story!A Parade magazine pick, included in "Books We Love" section"What could be a more unlikely breeding ground for noir fiction than Montana, whose wide-open landscapes seem the polar opposite of the mean streets of Los Angeles? Yet certain noir standbys prove both malleable and fertile in these 14 new stories...I... read more
It's a new day in America--but old contracts must still be paid.Jack McEnroe is a construction worker with an unusual job: building a prison for terrorists. Like his neighbors in Red Rock, Wyoming, Jack isn't particularly concerned about politics. In a depressed rural economy, he's just grateful to have a job.Jack's boss, Dave Fetters, is grateful, too: he has a no-bid, cost-plus contract issu... read more
Felix has nightmares. Every night when he falls asleep he goes to the land of monsters, and when he wakes up he's back in his bed with mud on his feet and torn pajamas. One night Felix meets a boy who knows how to fight the monsters, a boy who looks just like him and is also named Felix. The Other Felix is a fantastical, psychological story of growing up for kids who have graduated from Where ... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
25-year award-winning writer/editor of fiction, children’s, and Christian books. A passion for helping you create the book of your dreams!
I've written eight #1 bestsellers, worked in nearly all genres and with celebrity clients, John McAfee among them. Stories are gold.