My work has been in many prestigious publications, including COMMUNICATION ARTS, HOW magazine, PRINT magazine, among significant design blogs such as The Casual Optimist.
Awards include the AIGA 50 / 50 Covers, AAUP, Bookbuilders of Boston's New England Book Show, HOW International Design, PRINT Regional Design, the New York Book Show, the National Gold Ink Awards, Communication Arts, Type Director's Club, STEP Design Magazine, and the Publishing Professionals Network.
- PRINT Magazine Design Annual 2009
- AIGA 50 Books / 50 Covers 2012
- AIGA 50 Books / 50 Covers 2006
- AAUP Book, Jacket, and Journal Show 2006
- 26th Annual New York Book Show - Best Covers 2011
- Publishing Professionals Network (AKA Bookbuilders West) 2013
- National Gold Ink Award - Pewter 2012
- New England Book Show - Best Nonfition Book Award 2015
- MFA, Boston School of the Museum of Fine Arts
- Member of Connecticut Art Directors Club
- Past member of the Type Director's Club, AIGA NY, AIGA Boston
A design studio specializing in book jacket and book interior design.
Diversion Books, NYC
Starting with the Spring list, freelance Art Director focused on a range of categories of book covers.
Da Capo Press / Lifelong Books — Perseus Books Group / Hachette Int'l
Worked with international personalities (actors, musicians, comedians, and chefs), arranged and directed photoshoots, which included hiring photographers, stylists, and managing budgets. Other areas of my work at Da Capo are music, history, memoirs, biographies, lifestyle titles that include cookbooks, diet, fitness, and relationships.
Pantheon and Schocken Books [Knopf Group / Random House]
Designed award-winning book jackets. Managed all aspects of the imprint. Hired and directed designers, illustrators, photographers, and researchers. Worked directly with international level authors, executive editors, and publishers, Sonny Mehta and Janice Goldklang.
Jonathan has 38 reviews