I have 14 years of experience in the publishing industry as a publishing director and acquiring editor. I recently quit my full-time job, embarked on a European tour and went freelance. After completing a postgraduate degree (Strzeminski Academy of Fine Arts, Łódź) and numerous courses in graphic design, I am fulfilling my dream by designing visual content for publishing houses and marketing agencies promoting books.
I love designing book covers, any genre is interesting to me, I enjoy the challenge of moving through different styles and aesthetics and experimenting - from using ready-made photos or illustrations, to creating my own graphics and typography- either manually or digitally.
My many years of experience in the publishing industry enables me to better understand the needs of people for whom, like me, a book is not only a source of great stories, knowledge and the best form of entertainment, but also a beautiful object that we want to share with as wide audience as possible.
I love Swiss design and children's books with wonderful illustrations.
I spend my free time most happily with a book in a hammock, on my bike, in the mountains, in the forest or swimming. I speak Polish, English and German.
References can be found on my LinkedIn profile.
- Digital Designer Course, Design Practice, February 2023
- Typography and Book Design Workshop by Robert Oleś, d2d, August 2022
- Design In Practice Course, Polish Graphic Design, March 2022
- Adobe Indesign Course, November 2021
- Adobe Photoshop Course, October 2017
- Postgraduate Studies in graphic design, Academy of Fine Arts, Łodz, 2022
Adapting interiors and covers of highly illustrated children's books for the Polish market and preparing files for printing.
Wielka Litera Publishing
Preparing social media graphics for the publisher's marketing department.
Visual identification of book marketing campaigns ("Romance Readathon" campaign - cooperation with Penguin Michael Joseph, "Kindle Storyteller Award" campaign - cooperation with Amazon, Amazon Editors' Summer Readathon campaign), design of social media graphics.
Layout of the foreign rights catalogues for the London and Frankfurt Book Fairs
Building a children's book imprint for major Polish publishing house (part of Bonnier Group).
- Creating publishing plan and acquiring titles, working closely with authors, illustrators and translators, negotiating with literary agents and publishers, creating print specifications for books and supervising the printing process, managing website (CMS) and social media channels, creating visual content as graphics, book trailers scenarios, presentations, rights catalogues etc.
- Creation and maintenance of social media accounts and website (using Shoplo), for a family brand specializing in children's clothes and books
- Participating in photo sessions, sourcing scenography and props, creating online content (graphics + copywriting) and co-designing print materials.
Creating (design+copywriting) and printing seasonal cards for the translation company's clients.