Delivering many of our key, highest-grossing textbooks in Psychology, History, Economics and Business, I:
• Created & enforced accurate costings & realistic schedules for all projects. To this end, I supported authors to ensure that all new manuscripts were delivered along agreed lines and to time.
• Had extensive creative and practical input on all projects; reviewing all manuscripts in depth as well as arranging peer review and endorsements, briefing text and cover designs, creating back cover & marketing copy and website resources, clearing third-party material permissions.
• Performed detailed market research in all subject areas, and on related course content and key competitors.
• Recorded my sales leads and contacts in SAP CRM and created opportunities from these.
Working on Life Sciences, Medical and Chemistry Books, I:
• Managed and supported our prestigious authors as their primary liaison from pre-contract to publication.
• Successfully managed production pipeline on busy and lucrative book lists (simultaneously running 40- 100 projects, generating yearly revenues in excess of $2m).
• Ensured high quality final product via proofreading, editing and rights-checking expertise.
• Created and updated costings and schedules for all projects to support forecasting and marketing.
• Recruited and managed freelance copy editors, indexers and designers.
This fourth edition of this best-selling core history textbook offers a richly illustrated, single volume, narrative introduction to African history, from a hugely respected authority in the field. The market-leading range of illustrated material from prior editions is now further improved, featuring not only additional and redrawn maps and a refreshed selection of photographs, but the additio... read more
This globally-focused and renowned textbook spans the entire discipline of psychology - from the fundamental principles of psychology as a science, to more nuanced approaches in core disciplines such as cognitive, developmental, social and personality psychology. Woven together with engaging features, research boxes and activities that will help students to both think like a scientist and stre... read more
Thoroughly revised and updated, this fourth edition of Lasserre’s popular core textbook is a user-friendly introduction to planning and making decisions for businesses on a global scale. The numerous case studies and examples feature established multinational companies and SMEs still developing their international presence. The book blends academic rigor and a practical approach in a comprehen... read more
This groundbreaking new core textbook encourages students to take a more critical approach to the prevalent assumptions around the subject of macroeconomics, by comparing and contrasting heterodox and orthodox approaches to theory and policy. The first such textbook to develop a heterodox model from the ground up, it is based on the principles of Modern Monetary Theory (MMT) as derived from th... read more
This major new textbook uses lively prose and a series of carefully-crafted pedagogical features to both introduce Sociology as a discipline and to help students realize how deeply sociological issues impact on their own lives. Over the book’s ten chapters, students discover what Sociology is, alongside its historical development and emergent new concerns. They will be led through the theories... read more
Yamada’s Textbook of Gastroenterology has for 20 years been the most comprehensive gastroenterology reference book, combining an encyclopaedic basic science approach to GI and liver disease with the latest clinical thinking, especially in diagnostic and therapeutic developments. It is universally respected across the globe.The original outstanding editorial team was led by Tadataka Yamada, MD,... read more
Understanding Physics – Second edition is a comprehensive, yet compact, introductory physics textbook aimed at physics undergraduates and also at engineers and other scientists taking a general physics course. Written with today's students in mind, this text covers the core material required by an introductory course in a clear and refreshing way. A second colour is used throughout to enhance ... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Versatile editor with more than 15 years of experience in educational publishing at major houses and across a variety of subjects
Talented editor and writer with a decade of experience in news and narrative nonfiction, enjoys a good read and helping others