I'm a writer, editor, and storyteller with 10+ years of professional experience in the publishing industry. I'm passionate about storytelling in all forms, and I know a good story when I see one—and how to make it better if it's not quite working yet. I've written and published two guided journals (Celebrate Today: 365 Ways to Make Every Day A Holiday with Abrams Noterie in September 2018 and You've Got This!: A Creative Guide to Powering Your Happy with Popsugar/Scholastic in August 2021). In both my editing and writing careers, I have focused on youth media and pop culture.
The books I've worked on over the course of my career have been award-winners and bestsellers; received numerous starred reviews; appeared on various "Best of Year" lists; received awards; and been chosen as JLG selections.
I offer a variety of editorial services, including in-depth manuscript critiques (involving a comprehensive editorial letter) and/or line editing for either full manuscripts or first pages; query letter critiques; synopsis/proposal critiques; reader's reports (for publishers and agents); copywriting; and more. Send me a message to discuss what option is right for you and pricing/timing.
• Evaluate, acquire, and edit 8-12 novels and picture books per year.
• Craft book jacket, catalog, and other promotional copy.
• Manage production schedules for 12-15 projects/programs across three publication seasons per year, including high profile programs such as the works of Neil Gaiman, Walter Dean Myers, and the Wayside School series.
• Coordinate marketing efforts between the author and the company for 12-15 books per year.
• Lead a team of 7 in bi-weekly activities designed to boost creativity and foster innovation.
• Pitch both prospective and acquired book concepts at divisional meetings.
• Manage editorial intern and mentor aspiring writers by providing critiques at 2-3 writer’s conferences per year.
Jessica has 2 reviews