• Evaluate, acquire, and edit 8-12 novels and picture books per year.
• Craft book jacket, catalog, and other promotional copy.
• Manage production schedules for 12-15 projects/programs across three publication seasons per year, including high profile programs such as the works of Neil Gaiman, Walter Dean Myers, and the Wayside School series.
• Coordinate marketing efforts between the author and the company for 12-15 books per year.
• Lead a team of 7 in bi-weekly activities designed to boost creativity and foster innovation.
• Pitch both prospective and acquired book concepts at divisional meetings.
• Manage editorial intern and mentor aspiring writers by providing critiques at 2-3 writer’s conferences per year.
Stranger Things meets Men in Black in this funny and eerie young adult novel.WHAT’S GOING ON IN BONE LAKE? THE TRUTH WILL SURPRISE YOU.In small town Michigan, Penny Hardjoy, an aspiring journalist, teams up with the nerdy boy next door and the town’s star quarterback to find her conspiracy theorist father after he goes missing and several other people turn up dead in the woods. The deeper she ... read more
* A New York Public Library Best Kids Book of 2018 * This funny and moving second novel from the author of The Someday Birds features comic trivia, a safety superhero, and a super-cool scavenger hunt all over downtown San Diego, as our young hero Stanley Fortinbras grapples with his anxiety—and learns what, exactly, it means to be brave.Nobody knows comics trivia like Stanley knows comics triv... read more
A Kirkus Best Book of 2017 * A New York Public Library Best Book of the Year * An ALA/YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults SelectionRead the book Morris Award finalist Sonia Patel called "a brilliant, subtle debut," and Kirkus hailed as "heart-wrenching, funny, hopeful, and not-to-be-missed" in a starred review!The Closest I’ve Come is a must-read from talented first-time author Fred Aceves, in... read more
* A Bank Street Best Children's Book of 2017 * Read the book New York Times bestselling author Amber Smithcalls "powerful and haunting," and acclaimed author Peter BrownHoffmeister calls "beautiful and sad." Now Is Everything is a stirring debut novel toldin alternating THEN and NOW chapters, perfect for Sarah Dessen and JenniferNiven fans, about what one girl is willing to do to protect her p... read more
An evocative story by acclaimed author Amy Giles about tragedy, love, and learning to heal. The year since a mass shooting shook their Queens neighborhood has played out differently for Jess and Lucas, both of whom were affected by that night in eerily similar and deeply personal ways. As Jess struggles to take care of her depressed mother and Lucas takes up boxing under the ever-watchful eye ... read more
A hilarious—and slimy—alien adventure (set on Earth) that the bestselling author of Zombie Chasers, John Kloepfer, calls "fast paced, out-of-this-world fun!"When Margot Blumenthal removes a bright blue slug alien attached to Mateo Flores’s back, the school play co-stars know it’s definitely not going to be a regular day at West Cove Middle School.They reluctantly team up and soon discover that... read more
Winner of the 2018 Burr/Worzalla Award * A CCBC (Cooperative Children’s Book Center) Choices 2018 Pick * A Bank Street Best Children's Book of 2017A hilariously funny and poignant debut novel, perfect for fans of Jerry Spinelli, Kat Yeh, Gary D. Schmidt, and Rebecca Stead.When Lauren (but call him “Ren,” pretty please) Hall sees birds falling from the sky, he knows something is wrong. But just... read more
FIRST, FIND A TREE – A BLACK TUPELO OR DAWN REDWOOD WILL DO – AND PLANT YOURSELF.With these words, an adventure begins—an adventure into the world of reading. Kwame Alexander’s evocative poetry and Melissa Sweet’s lush artwork come together to take you on a sensory journey between the pages of a book.NOW SLEEP. DREAM. HOPE.(YOU’LL NEVER REACH) THE END.
Read the book that Ali Standish (author of The Ethan I Was Before) calls "a heartwarming story" and Melissa Roske (author of Kat Greene Comes Clean) calls "a joyful, heartfelt debut!"Thirteen-year-old Jamie Bunn made a mistake at the end of the school year. A big one. And every kid in her middle school knows all about it. Now she has to spend her summer vacation volunteering at the local libra... read more
Claire Needell’s evocative novel, perfect for fans of The Girl on the Train, explores the risks of substance abuse as well as what it means to take control of your life when it seems like the only path forward is the one that will take all of your courage. Marcelle is clean and sober, attending a tough-love version of after-school rehab, and barely hanging out with her user friends. But one ni... read more
Worlds collide in Lindsey Klingele’s debut young adult novel, The Marked Girl, an exciting fantasy tale turned upside down. Elissa Sussman, author of Stray, calls The Marked Girl “a magical debut with a big heart.”When Cedric, crowned prince of Caelum, and his fellow royal friends (including his betrothed, Kat) find themselves stranded in modern-day LA via a magical portal and an evil traitor ... read more
An exciting sequel to The Marked Girl, filled with fantastical adventure and a quest to save two worlds.In the fantasy world of Caelum, Liv, Cedric, and Kat attempt to defeat an evil traitor and his army to save their families and the kingdom. Meanwhile, Liv’s best friend and Cedric’s frenemy stick in LA to try and figure out how to fix Los Angeles.The city, thanks to the open portals between ... read more
Hugo and Nebula Award-winning author Kelly Link calls Elizabeth Byrne's debut novel The Grave Keepers "a lyrical and gorgeously uncanny coming-of-age story of incantatory power.” And Edgar Award-winning author Mindy McGinnis says of The Grave Keepers: “At times deeply atmospheric and darkly haunting, The Grave Keepers takes us on a spine-tingling journey into a world much like our own, where m... read more
An epic and funny outer space adventure from acclaimed science fiction author and screenwriter Stel Pavlou!Bestselling author of Artemis Fowl Eoin Colfer says of Daniel Coldstar: The Relic War: "Sci-fi has never been so much fun. I loved it!"Below the surface on a forgotten planet, Daniel Coldstar searches for relics from a lost civilization. Daniel has no memory of his past. All he knows is t... read more
The conclusion to the New York Times bestselling Crash trilogy, never before published in any format!A football fantasy. A giant diamond. The modern-day Romeo and Juliet are taking their relationship to the next level. . . . Jude and Lucy are happily engaged, but that doesn't mean life's a bed of roses.Once again, the hottest couple around is torn apart, this time by football training and a su... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
I'm a freelance book editor, writer, editorial assistant at Bloomsbury Children's Books specializing in Middle Grade and YA.
First I was an editor, then an author, and now I am both. With 30+ years experience in children's nonfiction, I am eager to help you shine.