I am a published author with over twenty-five years of academic publishing experience. I’m skilled in editorial, and I am uniquely qualified, as in addition to my publishing experience, I am also a well-reviewed published nonfiction author, (Bee People And The Bugs They Love). I am one of the few people that has sat on both sides of the table, which means that I have more experience to share with you!
My experience is nonfiction and I have mostly worked on academic and scholarly works. I have worked with many a college professor and academics, helping them develop and edit their work. I would be thrilled to help you develop your project and help you market it to the world.
I am the author of Bee People and the Bugs They Love
• Managed the growth and development of a $40 million program.
• Managed a staff of 19 professionals with 8 direct reports.
• Exceeded 2010 publishing group revenue sales target and increased publishing group income by 28.6%.
• Responsible for the development, implementation and launch of SimAdviser, the first digital solution and partnership with Laerdal Medical, the leading medical manikin company.
• Responsible for the negotiation & acquisition of iCare LLC, an educational electronic medical records (EMR) company with projected revenue exceeding $2.8 million annually.
• Managed the growth and development of a $60 million program.
• Exceeded 2008 key title sales target.
• Exceeded 2008 publishing group acquisitions goal of $4 million; signed 8 titles for a total projected first year revenue of $4.25 million.
• Exceeded 2007 publishing group revenue sales target and increased publishing group income by 3.6%.
• Exceeded 2007 publishing group acquisitions goal of $3.5 million; signed 14 titles for a total projected first year revenue of $4.01 million.
• Responsible for the development, implementation and launch of ConnectLucas, a digital solution for The Art of Public Speaking, McGraw-Hill’s best-selling textbook.
• Responsible for the development, implementation and launch of U*S: A Narrative History, McGraw-Hill’s “M-series” American History textbook that sold 31,500 units in first year sales.
• Managed the growth and development of a criminal justice publishing program worth $23.5 million.
• Exceeded sales target for five consecutive years and increased revenue by an average of 20% every year.
• Consistently exceeded signing goal of $3+ million a year; signed 139 titles for a total projected first year revenue of $16.8 million.
• Awarded “Editor of the Year” in 2004.
• Created curriculum for new criminal justice programs; negotiated multi-year contracts with leading career schools to exclusively use Pearson Education textbooks.
• Provided curriculum consultation for the development of new career school criminal justice programs and presented testimonies to state accreditation boards.
• Customized material for practitioner, government, and corporate accounts.
• Assisted in structuring a new sales force catering to law enforcement related accounts.
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Twenty-five years of experience as a copy / line editor, primarily in science, for university, museum, and association presses.
Freelance copy-editor and proofreader (STEM and non-fiction) for Bloomsbury, HarperCollins, Hodder, Routledge, OUP, Pearson and others