Hi! I am an independent Book Designer, typographer and book binder with extensive publishing industry experience.
As an independent creative I cover all aspects of Book Design:
• Cover Design
• Text Design
• Layout Design
• Infographic and data visualisation
• Artworking for print and digital (including photoretouching)
• Project Management
I carry through every project from inception through to print.
My client list include: Penguin Random House, The British Library, Head of Zeus and GrubStreet Publishing.
Designed covers and interiors, including typesetting for non-fiction Military and Cookery titles.
• I was in charge of the interior design and typesetting of the book 5 O’clock Apron by Claire Thomson from concept to the final stage as well as overseeing the photo-shooting, ensuring continuity with the internal layout published by Ebury Publishing.
• I supported the creative team in designing the BBC Good Food cover series.
• I designed, and art directed a variety of projects from concept stage to completion, on schedule, cost-effectively ensuring high-quality standards.
• I led a high creative input to the team and managed 2 Junior Designers.
• I acted as the main point of contact for clients and suppliers exceeding expectations.
• I developed my projects as a brand guardian supporting the Creative Director in producing print and digital materials
• I negotiated directly with suppliers, paper merchants and printers
• I worked also for other clients on an ad hoc basis
• I provided complete design support to the Business Development Managers team designing engaging visual Bid/Proposal documents from start to finish, including typesetting, data visualisation and post-production, that brought new business to the company from high-profile clients such as BA and GSK.
• I set up on my initiative of a complete internal library of supporting materials along with a database of suppliers which improved the creative department organisation.
• I was the sole responsible for articulating creative ideas for external, internal and online communication ensuring brand equity.
• I was responsible for the production and post-production support, delivering a high level of service in a high-pressure, deadline-driven environment.
Gledhill, David, Jakubowski, Simon
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Award-winning Illustrator/Designer with a flair for creating impactful, conceptually driven imagery.
New York, NY, USA
Cover designer, illustrator, editor, and longtime publishing pro
Chicago, IL, USA