Editor focusing on books for young readers with 8 years of experience (including Disney and Marvel prose) and a master's in publishing.
• Acquire and edit 10-15 vertical titles and 25+ extension stories per year for young readers under the Marvel Press imprint
• Create publishing plans with commercial appeal that enhance and extend cinematic and evergreen properties through Marvel Studios and Marvel Entertainment collaboration
• Oversee the editorial process for all imprint titles from ideation to developmental edits to post-publication efforts
• Commission and manage authors and freelance writers, including negotiating deals with agents
• Act as liaison between creative, production, sales, marketing, publicity, and consumer products to align on content strategy and execution to ensure book success
• Work closely with design team on style and execution of cover design and picture book illustration using an understanding of market trends and franchise canon
• Supported list planning, talent management, and strategy for the Marvel Press and Disney Press imprints (focusing on Disney Baby, Junior, XD, and Channel properties)
• Acquired, solicited, and edited 8-10 vertical and 10-15 global titles for young readers
• Managed approvals of global licensee titles from content planning through printing stages
• Worked closely with creative departments and franchise teams on development and execution of publishing plans that supported company initiatives across lines of business
• Acquired and edited global and vertical titles supporting the Disney Junior and Disney Baby franchises, working closely with art, design, and production departments as well as freelance writers
• Supported editorial team via administrative duties including sales and solicitation decks, metadata maintenance, point of sale tracking, and profit and loss statements
Chhibber, Preeti, McClements, George, Kardos, Stéphane
Caledonia Curry, November 2020
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Experienced editor of comics & graphic novels. I love working on diverse character-driven stories, no matter the genre!
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Author, editor, instructor. Specializing in fiction and nonfiction books and magazine stories/articles for young readers.
Pittsburgh, PA, USA