• Acquire and edit 10-15 vertical titles and 25+ extension stories per year for young readers under the Marvel Press imprint
• Create publishing plans with commercial appeal that enhance and extend cinematic and evergreen properties through Marvel Studios and Marvel Entertainment collaboration
• Oversee the editorial process for all imprint titles from ideation to developmental edits to post-publication efforts
• Commission and manage authors and freelance writers, including negotiating deals with agents
• Act as liaison between creative, production, sales, marketing, publicity, and consumer products to align on content strategy and execution to ensure book success
• Work closely with design team on style and execution of cover design and picture book illustration using an understanding of market trends and franchise canon
• Supported list planning, talent management, and strategy for the Marvel Press and Disney Press imprints (focusing on Disney Baby, Junior, XD, and Channel properties)
• Acquired, solicited, and edited 8-10 vertical and 10-15 global titles for young readers
• Managed approvals of global licensee titles from content planning through printing stages
• Worked closely with creative departments and franchise teams on development and execution of publishing plans that supported company initiatives across lines of business
• Acquired and edited global and vertical titles supporting the Disney Junior and Disney Baby franchises, working closely with art, design, and production departments as well as freelance writers
• Supported editorial team via administrative duties including sales and solicitation decks, metadata maintenance, point of sale tracking, and profit and loss statements
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
I am a former senior editor at Little, Brown with over 15 years of experience editing acclaimed and bestselling children's and YA fiction.
Children's/YA specialist and agent with 13 years' experience commissioning and editing. Ex-Penguin Random House, S&S and Roald Dahl HQ