Write and edit print and digital content for multiple major educational publishers.
• Over the course of a year, served as the lead editor for a Grade 9 instructional program created for the state of Texas by StudySync, a highly acclaimed educational content developer partnered with McGraw-Hill Education. Responsible for reviewing the literature selections, creating the scope and sequence, and editing all core digital content.
• Transformed teacher-led lessons into interactive, self-study comprehension and practice activities for Berlitz, an American language education company.
Successfully managed the development of fast-paced, large-scale, SE/TE projects for major educational publishers, from planning to PDF-approval.
Pearson ELA Texas-Revision of MyPerspectives, Grades 6, 7, 8
• Served as a partner to Pearson throughout the development process, including conducting a literature search, assisting in the creation of writing guidelines, preparing new selections for Lexile, developing a scope and sequence for the Texas English Language Proficiency Standards (ELPS), and maintaining planning documents.
• Supervised a large team of freelancers to revise existing national content, write new manuscript, and review first pages for all three grades, both SE and TE, at over 2,000 pages. Content focused on close reading, genre instruction, and differentiated instruction.
• Supervised the development of over 500 TE bottom-channel notes to cover the ELPS.
MHE Social Studies Impact Explorer Magazines, Grades 5 and 6
• Supervised the creation of outlines for eight, 12-16–page Grade 5 American History magazines and twelve, 8-10–page Grade 6 World History magazines by identifying relevant and engaging topics/themes and locating through an extensive literature search appropriate nonfiction and fiction articles from Cricket Media, Highlights, and public domain sites and storyboarding original graphic novelettes.
• Developed magazine content by editing Cricket Media and Highlights material for space and readability; generating graphic novelette text content; creating vocabulary, writing, and research activities; and providing detailed art specs for all articles with sample go-by images.
• Worked extensively with Design and Image Research to develop the visual concept for each magazine, selecting final images, and supervising the development of newly created graphics.
Wrote and edited educational content for multiple clients in multiple fields, from major educational publishers to the largest healthcare accreditation agency in the country.
• Over the course of a year and a half, developed and edited SE and TE core and ELD content for StudySync’s highly successful secondary educational program for the state of California.
• Wrote and edited fiction and nonfiction content for Capstone Press on a range of topics, including weapons and vehicles of U.S. wars, ancient China, and elementary science.
• Wrote two chapters on argumentative and informative essay writing for a high-school-equivalency product developed by Houghton Mifflin-Harcourt.
• Wrote PARC-based test questions for the assessment component of a secondary education product developed by Houghton Mifflin-Harcourt.
• Performed a content review and edit of essential manuals developed for healthcare professionals by Joint Commission Resources.
• Selected and edited the complete kindergarten text collection of a groundbreaking new literacy program developed for the city of New York.
• Edited the ninth-grade teacher edition of the revised Prentice-Hall Literature program to ensure that it was fully Common Core State Standards-compliant and academically rigorous.
• Participated in prototype development by writing original copy for the teacher wrap.
• Using InCopy, edited content for the teacher edition of Wonders, a Common Core State Standards–compliant, elementary core reading program, ensuring that it was pedagogically sound
• Wrote and developed 40 interactive, all-digital handbook lessons designed to help elementary and secondary students meet the new Common Core State Standards.
• Edited content for Writer’s Workspace, an interactive online writing program designed to help secondary students build reading-writing connections through professional and student models
• Served as the kindergarten project editor for both the student- and teacher-edition materials of LEAD21, an innovative national literacy program focused on differentiated instruction, managing the production process from manuscript to final product.
• Oversaw the efforts of and coordinated with the editorial vendor to produce text for the LEAD21 student readers that met the needs of students at different reading levels and helped them answer essential questions related to science and the humanities.
• Coordinated with the in-house design department as well as with editorial and design vendors on the development and acquisition of contemporary art and photography to facilitate readability and engagement.
Mai is excited to begin her music lessons so that she can become famous throughout China. When Mai loses her mother's special jade flute, she is certain that her gift of music is lost as well. Will Mai find the jade flute, or will she find something even more special?
World War I was the first global war in history. Many advancements were made, including the use of tanks and aircrafts in battle for the first time. Give young readers the tools to learn more about the different weapons and vehicles used in the War to End All Wars.
Normal wear and tear from moderate use. May not include supplements.
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Experienced kid’s book editor specializing in middle grade fiction and non-fiction. Former Editorial Director at National Geographic Kids.
Substantive editor, proofreader, copy editor, and fact checker with over six years of experience in educational publishing.