Ooligan Press is a For-Profit Publishing press on the PSU Campus, where Masters students work on publishing tasks while obtaining real-world publishing experience.
● Performed Copy and Developmental Editing over two years for multiple genres.
● Proofread (print, ebooks, audiobooks)
● Created media contact lists and contacted via email.
● Wrote press releases for social media and news outlets.
● Generated social media content that fit within the marketing plan and brand identity.
● Assisted in planning the yearly publishing conference held in Portland, OR.
● Assessed book and project proposals for suitability and marketability.
● Created/edited metadata for varieties of sources.
● Improved SEO for Ooligan website and press releases.
● Updated ebook code in a variety of publishing projects.
● Created/modified templates for a variety of uses.
● Solicited donations for the program.
● Trained in cover art Design and titling concepts.
● Worked with Authors throughout all processes.
● Received training in budgets, production costs, profit and loss estimates, and scheduling.
● Provide editorial services for clients, including developmental, content, copy, and proofreading.
● Effective time management and multitasking ability
● Meet deadlines and project milestones in a timely manner
● Work on multiple projects at once
● Cooperative and detailed oriented
● Positive, enthusiastic attitude
● Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word
● Ensure consistency in flow, tone, language, and relevancy
● Acknowledge receipt of manuscripts and confirm the same for edited copies
● Edited manuscripts in a timely manner, meeting all deadlines as assigned.
● Edited both content and copy
● Reviewed and edited over 20 manuscripts over the 8 months
● Selected for this position by the English Department Head and Honors Program Advisor.
● Head of Editorial Review Board, members were students in a class taken for credit.
● Co-taught class with the professor, delivering lessons and assignments to students.
● Created and adhered to schedule for the publishing process
● Solicited submissions at the annual National Collegiate Honors Council 2015 Conference as well as online submissions.
● Recruited faculty to review submissions for subject accuracy.
● Responsible for the final round of editing.
● Communicated and worked with authors during the entire process.
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Hands-on, collaborative editor specializing in Young Adult and Middle Grade fiction and nonfiction. Formerly Penguin Random House.
Experienced editor with a passion for fiction, travel (on the page and in real life), and stories that move and inspire.