Consultant focused on helping chefs and restaurants tell their stories on their own web sites and social-media accounts.
Contribute cooking stories to Taste, a cooking web site.
Writer with Gotham Ghostwriters, a New York-based agency.
• Served as the sole food critic, authoring weekly print and online reviews and rating more than 350 North Jersey restaurants on a four-star scale. Launched “Informal Dining” column, rating more than 25 casual eateries on a three-star scale. Contributed writing and editing to a former affiliated blog, “Second Helpings.” Wrote other food and culture stories.
• Explored dining issues as the founding author of a weekly column, “The Corner Table.” Topics included: no-tipping policies, palatable pumpkin products, a profile of a chef trying to take Korean cuisine mainstream, a look at several leaders in the empire of Jean-Georges Vongerichten.
• Edited and tested recipes from restaurant chefs and home cooks.
• Winner of several regional awards in New Jersey and Pennsylvania for deadline news reporting and public service (2001-2003).
• State Government Reporter, 2005 - 2007: Based in the statehouse in Trenton, N.J., reported on stories including the 2006 state government shutdown and Gov. Jon Corzine’s 2007 car accident.
• Staff Writer/South Jersey bureau, 2001 - 2005: Covered Camden, the state’s poorest city; Camden County government; and the Delaware River Port Authority, a highly political bistate toll-bridge and economic development agency.
• Staff Writer/City Desk, 1999 - 2001: Served on the reporting team sent to New York City after Sept. 11; covered breaking news and Philadelphia neighborhoods.
• Appeared on numerous television, radio and online audio spots, including a live segment on MSNBC and New Jersey Network’s “Reporters Roundtable.”
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.