* Working as a freelance project editor for a variety of publishers. Overseeing all aspects of producing the book before delivering final files to the publisher. Managing design, photography and editorial and liaising between the publisher and freelance team to ensure the best possible finished product.
* Pitching possible book ideas and authors to publishers and working up synopses and presentations for book fairs and internal sales meetings.
* Working side-by-side with chefs to shape manuscripts and deliver engaging on-topic copy.
* Responsible for commissioning and project managing Square Peg’s cookery list. Pitching book ideas to sales and marketing teams, maintaining relationships with authors, selecting designers and photographers, managing freelancers, writing jacket and sales copy, and editing and proofreading manuscripts.
* Ensuring that the entire food list is brought in on schedule and in budget by monitoring and managing junior and freelance project editors.
* Responsible for project managing key titles in Phaidon’s food list. Liaising with authors, designers and photographers, and managing freelancers. Reporting to the editorial director.
* Ensuring that titles are brought in on schedule and in budget by monitoring and managing freelance project editors, designers and project managers.
Preserving is an ancient technique which speaks to a modern sensibility. It puts you in step with the seasons, you can use up leftovers, and it helps you rediscover a timeless kitchen craftsmanship - all aspirations of the thoughtful modern cook. The Modern Preserver takes you through every aspect of preserving: from classic chutneys and jams, through pickles and fermentation, to cordials and ... read more
Nourishing, restorative and comforting, bone broth is the concentrated meaty elixir with a clear,....
Despite our best intentions, there are days when we all feel like abandoning the diet and succumbing to our cravings; but eating the food that you love does not have to mean eating unhealthily. In this book, author of the celebrated healthy eating blog Hungry Healthy Happy, Dannii Martin, shows us that, with a few small changes, we can still enjoy all of our favourite foods, whilst nourishing ... read more
Spiralizing is a delicious alternative to making traditional noodles, pasta and rice; all of which are laden with refined carbohydrates. Swapping your carbs for veg with simply a few cranks of the spiralizer s handle is a quick and easy way to transform your meals into fibre-packed, low-calorie feasts.
Christmas time is all about tradition, from the songs we sing to the food we eat, but, from mince pies to Christmas pudding, the food of Christmas could always benefit from extra help to make it shine just a little bit brighter. The Primrose Bakery has been bringing an extra bit of twinkle to their Christmas baking for over a decade and in this book reveal their unique twists and exciting rein... read more
The award‐winning food photographer and founder of the cult favorite Fool magazine invi....
Title: Elbulli 2005-2011 <>Binding: Hardcover <>Author: FerranAdria <>Publisher: PhaidonPress
HardCover. Pub Date :2012-10-01 Pages: 272 Language: English Publisher: Phaidon Press Faviken is the first major cookbook by Magnus Nilsson. the 28-year old chef whose restaurant is located on a 20.000 acre farm and hunting estate in Northern Sweden. It has recently been called the most daring restaurant in the world by Bon Appetit. In Faviken. Nilsson writes about how he only cooks with ingre... read more
Lebanese Home Cooking is the definitive guide to traditional home cooking from Lebanon. With more than 500 recipes for meze, soups, fish, meat and vegetables, desserts, cakes, cookies, preserves and drinks, it covers the entire range of Lebanese food, which is widely regarded as the most refined of all the Middle Eastern cuisines.
HardCover. Pub Date :2013-04-02 Pages: 272 Language: English Publisher: Phaidon Press Featuring more than 50 simple and authentic recipes from the Silver Spoon kitchen. Sicily is a culinary journey through an island that is unique among the many regions of Italy. Sicilys position away from the mainland. its blend of Arabic and Mediterranean influences and its sun-drenched climate have led to t... read more
Title: D.O.M.( Rediscovering Brazilian Ingredients) <>Binding: Hardcover <>Author: AlexAtala <>Publisher: PhaidonPress
HardCover. Pub Date :2013-04-09 Pages: 240 Language: English Publisher: Phaidon Press Cook it Raw tells the story of an exciting collection of avant garde chefs who come together to create unique dining experiences that explore and question social. cultural and environmental issues. Held initially in Copenhagen to mark the 2009 climate change summit the first Raw dinner challenged the chefs to... read more
An in-depth guide to the best-ever games, exploring five decades of game evolution. It provides expert analysis of the story of each game, accompanied by fascinating trivia, memorable quotes, and information on the year of publication and where the game can be played today.
This practical book is divided into two sections. The first, Fly Tying Materials and Techniques, reveals the secrets to successful fly tying, with step-by-step sequences showing how to tie some of the best-known flies, while insider's knowledge will allow you to experiment with your own patterns. The second section, The Fly Selector, features 100 flies beautifully photographed in their finishe... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
I have worked as an editor since 1998, across a range of genres. I enjoy finding practical ways to help your project shine.
Experienced editor of cookbooks and home/lifestyle books; my editing and proofreading work includes James Beard and IACP Award winners.