I help authors and publishers tell their stories well by crafting written work that is clear, concise, and compelling. Whether you're looking for a skilled writer for publications, an expert copywriter for marketing and sales promotion, an editor for a manuscript, or for expertise in content marketing, social media management or social media advertising, I can help you reach your goals and do the important things you don't have time for.
Drawing on 11 years of successful experience in the publishing industry, my services include:
- Written content for books and other publications
- Course materials and curriculum development
- Repurposing existing content for multichannel delivery
- Manuscript development
- Developmental editing
- Substantive editing
- Book/Author marketing
- Content marketing
- Book proposal evaluation
- Manuscript evaluation
Marketed 30-40 titles per year, including Lexham Press academic titles and Kirkdale Press trade titles.
• Helped increase Lexham revenue by 55 percent compared to the previous year.
• Created a content marketing campaign that resulted in 12,000 new email subscribers.
• Redesigned the Lexham blog and oversaw content and scheduling.
• Ran Facebook and Amazon ads that produced engagement, link clicks, and increased sales.
• Supervised Lexham and Kirkdale social media accounts.
• Provided direction and feedback for book cover designs.
• Evaluated book proposals for content and market potential.
• Develop and implement effective marketing strategies for all B&H Academic titles, leading to highest textbook review copy requests since 2011.
• Manage B&H Academic blog and social media. Created Facebook, Google+, and YouTube accounts from scratch. In the past three years grew blog subscribers from zero to 10,000, email newsletter subscribers from 6,000 to 21,000+, Facebook followers from zero to 30,000+, Twitter followers from 900 to 7,900+, and YouTube views from zero to 14,500+.
• Coordinate the promotion and sale of academic products at academic and pastoral conferences, including ETS annual and regional meetings, T4G, Gospel Coalition, Shepherds’, and Bethlehem.
• Oversee and maintain annual academic marketing budget.
• Oversee design and development of academic catalogs.
• Maintain and grow academic databases and coordinate direct-marketing initiatives.
• Serve on academic acquisitions team, evaluating proposals for potential publication.
• Oversee creation of ancillary materials for academic textbooks.
• Supervised redesign of academic blog and website for improved user experience, functionality, and aesthetics.
• Worked with sales team to bring titles to EBSCO and Ebrary platforms for the first time.
• Significantly increased new title sales through online promotions.
• Oversaw acquisitions and strategic direction for a publishing line with a total annual revenue of $2.3M; identified target-rich environments from which to network with new authors (e.g., meetings of the Evangelical Theological Society).
• Acquired/managed 12 new titles annually, including Loving God with Your Mind: Essays in Honor of J. P. Moreland (eds. Paul Gould and Richard Davis); The Soul (J. P. Moreland); The Moody Bible Commentary; Questioning the Bible: 11 Major Challenges to the Bible’s Authority (Jonathan Morrow); The Psalms (eds. Andrew Schmutzer and David M. Howard Jr.); A Reasonable Response (William Lane Craig and Joe Gorra); John MacArthur Commentaries; Joy and Tears: The Emotional Life of the Christian (Gerald Peterman and Andrew Schmutzer); D. L. Moody: A Life (Kevin Belmonte); Privilege the Text: A Theological Hermeneutic for Preaching (Abraham Kuruvilla); After Acts: Exploring the Lives and Legends of the Apostles (Bryan Litfin); the Dictionary of Messianic Prophecy (Michael Rydelnik and Ed Blum); and Evidence for the Rapture: A Biblical Case for Pretribulationism (John F. Hart).
• Assessed a backlist of 300+ titles for potential repackaging opportunities.
• Developed and maintained the former “Bible Study for You” website (10,000+ views monthly) and Facebook page (29,000+ subscribers).
• Created team marketing budget with accountability for meeting frontlist sales goals; provided direct supervision to manager charged with developing marketing initiatives.
• Cultivated and nurtured author/publisher relationships including the writing/processing of contracts.
• Revised the Moody Handbook of Theology in partnership with the author; began revision plans for Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament.
• Directed the editorial process of updating/revising the New American Standard Bible (NASB) Ryrie Study Bible to the English Standard Version (ESV), including the addition of new text, formatting and graphics.
• Designed, implemented and managed “Inside Pages,” Moody Publishers’ first official blog.
• Prepared, refined and improved manuscripts in preparation for publication; collaborated with the editorial team to develop and establish a set of internal style guidelines for manuscripts.
• Edited academic/reference works including: Moody Bible Commentary, Daniel and Revelation commentaries and Christ’s Prophetic Plans: A Futuristic Premillennial Primer.
• Partnered with multiple authors in guiding and shaping content, organization, grammar and style.
• Interacted with customers relating to the biblical and theological content of the company’s books.
Some Christians denounce nearly every move that Hollywood produces; others celebrate even the most morally and artistically questionable. While most Christians can agree on the cultural importance of films, very few are able to interpret movies with insight and understanding. Apologetics professor and film lover Doug Beaumont wants moviegoers to become more informed viewers, by better grasping... read more
Pornograpy and sex-related sites make up nearly 60 percent of daily web traffic. For some of us, it's going on in our very own basements or in the den after the family goes to bed. Over twenty million Americans spend a good deal of their waking hours looking at pornography. And they won't stop, because they can't stop. At least not on their own. They are addicted. Porn Nation captivates reader... read more
We are at a unique time in American history and our personal history when we need real help, real hope, and real answers for the day to day realities we’re facing. We live in a financial and work world that is experiencing rapid and unprecedented changes.It is as if Americans have spent years building their financial houses that were like sand castles on the beach. For a long time many of our ... read more
The definitive reference work on science and Christian belief How does Christian theology relate to scientific inquiry? What are the competing philosophies of science, and do they “work” with a Christian faith based on the Bible? No reference work has covered this terrain sufficiently—until now.Featuring the work of over 140 international contributors, the Dictionary of Christianity and Scienc... read more
Now you can study the Bible with the faculty of the Moody Bible Institute!Imagine having a team of 30 Moody Bible Institute professors helping you study the Bible. Now you can with this in-depth, user-friendly, one-volume commentary. General editors Michael Rydelnik and Michael Vanlaningham have led a team of contributors whose academic training, practical church experience, and teaching compe... read more
The ESV Study Bible was created to help people understand the Bible in a deeper way. Combining the best and most recent evangelical Christian scholarship with the highly regarded ESV text, it is the most comprehensive study Bible ever published. The ESV Study Bible features more than 2,750 pages of extensive, accessible Bible resources, including completely new notes, full-color maps, illustra... read more
In a culture in which science is believed to hold the answers to every question, spiritual realities like the soul are often ignored or ridiculed. We are told that neuroscience holds the key to explaining every aspect of human behavior. Yet Christian philosopher J. P. Moreland argues that Scripture, sound philosophical reasoning, and everyday experience all point to the reality of an immateria... read more
The book of Revelation has long fascinated and even confused readers and students of the Bible. Yet the Bible is written to be understood, and Revelation is no exception. Who better to help you understand the seals, trumpets, vials, woes, and plagues than John F. Walvoord, one of evangelicalism's most prominent leaders, and Mark Hitchcock, today's leading Bible prophecy expert? In this first i... read more
The book of Daniel is key to the entire Old Testament prophetic revelation. Who better to help you understand Daniel's stories, prophecies, and dreams—and give you a brighter hope for things to come—than John F. Walvoord, one of evangelicalism's most prominent leaders, and Charles Dyer, a Bible professor and expert on Israel? In this second work of a renewed series of commentaries, Dr. Walvoor... read more
The world of J. R. R. Tolkien is filled with strange creatures, elaborately crafted lore, ancient tongues, and magic that exists only in fantasy; yet the lessons taught by hobbits and wizards speak powerfully and practically to our real lives. Courage, valor, trust, pride, greed, and jealousy--these are not fictional virtues. This is the stuff of real life, the Christian life. Professor and au... read more
Do you wish you clearly understood the different views of the millenium and know why you believe which view you hold to? General editors and experienced bible scholars John MacArthur and Richard Mayhue help to provide a clear and convincing Biblical explanation for the interpretive approach to Scripture that results in a knowable futuristic view of Christ's millennial reign on earth. Christ's ... read more
Preaching Magazine's 2015 Book of the YearIf you are a pastor, you know the importance of preaching. You have spent time learning and refining the art of preaching because it is vital to the life of God's people—including the preacher. But you probably also find it challenging. On Preaching is a masterful resource that will refresh your soul and revitalize your preaching ministry. Drawing upon... read more
An era has ended. The political expression that most galvanized evangelicals during the past quarter-century, the Religious Right, is fading. What's ahead is unclear. Millions of faith-based voters still exist, and they continue to care deeply about hot-button issues like abortion and gay marriage, but the shape of their future political engagement remains to be formed.Into this uncertainty, f... read more
Picture this: it’s Saturday afternoon, and you’re putting the finishing touches on tomorrow’s sermon. You’ve been thinking, researching, and praying about this message all week, and thankfully, feel prepared. That is, except for one small detail—you aren’t sure how to begin. For more than 30 years, Tony Evans has been connecting with audiences around the world. Now his tools are available for ... read more
Study the Bible with one of America’s greatest living theologians.Charles Ryrie’s life work has been to help people know and understand the Bible—a pursuit that has encompassed church ministry, college professorships, and, most notably, his position as the Systematic Theology Chair at Dallas Theological Seminary. The Ryrie Study Bible reflects this lifetime of biblical scholarship in a single,... read more
Followers of Jesus need not fear hard questions or objections against Christian belief. In A Reasonable Response, renowned Christian philosopher and apologist William Lane Craig offers dozens of examples of how some of the most common challenges to Christian thought can be addressed, including:Why does God allow evil?How can I be sure God exists?Why should I believe that the Bible is trustwort... read more
Is anxiety “un-Christian”?Many Christians believe the answer to this question is yes! Understandably, then, many Christians feel shame when they are anxious. They especially feel this shame when well-intentioned fellow believers dismiss or devalue anxiety with Christian platitudes and Bible verses.Rhett Smith, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, helps us understand anxiety in a new way. Rh... read more
Freedom begins when you stop hiding.Many of us understand the value of authenticity. Of baring our souls in community. Of admitting our pain and struggles to each other. If we desire to relate authentically with our brothers and sisters in Christ, we must also desire relate honestly with God.Josh Weidmann, a millennial and world traveler who is dedicated to writing and speaking the truth of th... read more
Don’t snooze through your 20s. Most of us have an internal alarm clock that goes off when we’re about to make a bad decision. Yet some of us spend our 20s hitting the snooze button. Steve Farrar urges you to wake up so you don’t ruin your life by 30. Although the book title and chapter titles are ironic and humorous, the wisdom contained in this book is not to be taken lightly. Steve invites y... read more
There are many views today on morality, relativity and right and wrong. Dr. Tony Evans refuses to let the voice of God be drowned out amidst the clamor of the crowd. In the age where people can get a “no-fault” divorce (When is it ever nobody’s fault?) believers who claim to live by God’s word cannot dodge the issue: we cannot skip it, run from it, or ignore it. God has spoken clearly on this ... read more
Morality. Relativity. Right and Wrong. The issues we face are complicated and everyone has an opinion. But who has the answer when it comes to sexual issues? Sex dominates our popular culture to a degree we’ve never seen before and unrestricted sex is being touted as a shortcut to personal fulfillment and satisfaction – but it’s a counterfeited and cheapened imitation of the real thing. Respec... read more
Christians are a large and influential voting block today. But as each governmental election approaches, an increasing polarity occurs within those claiming the Christian faith. This comes as a result of party-voting rather than voting according to Biblical mandates and authority. To refocus correctly, Dr. Tony Evans goes back to the basics and teaches on how God established government as a di... read more
The study of God, His nature, and His Word are all essential to the Christian faith. Now those interested in Christian theology have a newly revised and updated reference tool in the 25th Anniversary Edition of The Moody Handbook of Theology.In this classic and timeless one-volume resource, Paul Enns offers a comprehensive overview of the five dimensions of theology: biblical, systematic, hist... read more
In an increasingly global and connected world, marriages between spouses of different countries and cultures are on the rise. Marla Alupoaicei, herself wed to a Romanian, helps couples sort through such issues as food, finances, family, and such “hidden” problems as different understandings of what it means to be “on time.” Marla combines real-life stories with expert perspectives and biblical... read more
"Give over $100 today and get this personalized state-of-the-art fountain pen free!" "Become a gold sponsor and your name wll be featured on our exclusive Wall of Fame!" "Send in your donation by December 31st and enjoy the benefits of giving on your next tax return!" Who hasn't heard fundraising gimmicks like these? Or, who hasn't used these gimmicks on others?As Wes Willmer writes, generosit... read more
Princess Diana, John Ritter, Saddam Hussein, Mother Teresa, Chris Farley… Does it seem reasonable to guess where each of these people ended up after they died? While it is comforting to suppose that everyone who’s “good” goes to a better place when they die, and everyone who’s “bad” doesn’t, on what is that hope based? To adequately understand how these thoughts impact us today, Rebecca Price ... read more
Most books on this subject try to scare (or perhaps bore) you into submission. The Shortest Book Ever on Saving for Retirement is different. It’s short, comprehensive, and most importantly of all—it’s understandable. By sticking to the bare minimum on what you really need to know about investing in your future, no matter the economic climate, James O’Donnell has provided the tool we all need a... read more
What is a true Christian? What is the church? Though these are fundamental questions they often go unanswered in our current evangelical context. Far too many pastors and thinkers celebrate the trappings of faith and the mere benefits of Christianity, ignoring the biblical testimony on true conversion that shouts from countless texts from Scripture.This has fed an age-old problem: nominal Chri... read more
The question of the afterlife is, for many today, one of preference. Christians trained to evangelize unsaved people with the query, “If you were to die today, do you know where you would go – heaven or hell?” have grown befuddled when met with the response, “I don’t believe in heaven or hell.” Something in our culture has changed. The ground has shifted beneath our feet. We did not feel it. B... read more
Jonathan Edwards stands tall in America’s historical memory. A great philosopher, a great preacher, a great theologian. Edwards was a complex and gifted person, one who defies easy characterization. He intimidates us, and we distance ourselves from him because at the most fundamental level, he’s just not like us.It is of course true that Jonathan Edwards was a combination of many rare things: ... read more
What is the good life that we so often hear talk of in our modern age?Is it cars that drive fast, houses that resemble castles? Is it unbounded sexual pleasure, unrestrained personal gratification of all one’s desires? Is it quiet and solitude, individual removal from the storm and thunder of modern society? Or is it obedient Christian faith that causes spiritual corpses to burst forth with go... read more
Christians of all ages recognize the heartbeat of God to take the Gospel to the nations and wrestle with the implications of the Great Commission in their own lives. The Missionary Call explores the biblical, historical, and practical aspects of discerning and fulfilling God's call to serve as a missionary. Pointing the reader to Scripture, lessons from missionary heroes, and his own practical... read more
Amid the chaos of cybersex, impersonal sex, adultery, homosexuality, and sexual dissatisfaction in marriage, Undefiled calls readers toward a new kind of spiritual and sexual revolution. Sexual impurity creates a vicious circle, one that springs from misconceptions about Christ and further taints our understanding of Him. Yet another circle is available to men and women trapped in sexual sin, ... read more
A resurgence of the Social Gospel is energizing many evangelicals, but what does the Bible say about the role of humanitarian works in the Christian life? As new covenant believers, Christians are called to a specific central task: to be ministers of God's message of salvation for sinners. At the same time, the New Testament justifies nearly every concern of the revitalized Social Gospel. Care... read more
Six of today's leading pastor-theologians-John Piper, Voddie Baucham, D. A. Carson, Tim Keller, and David Wells-have joined together to offer Christians a practical, biblical vision of Christ's supremacy, so they will be better prepared to present the undeniable truth to a searching society. After grounding readers in the important truths of Christ's deity and the gospel, The Supremacy of Chri... read more
The last years of life can be joyful and fulfilling. But for some, aging is a challenge-joy and aging are seldom linked together. Despite the difficulties, Dr. Sweeting has discovered many unexpected joys in his senior years and shares them in this insightful and easy-to-read book for the Builder Generation.
The Introduction to Christianity and Science Video Lectures offers a thorough introduction to the intersection between science and Christian belief. How does Christian theology relate to scientific inquiry? What are the competing philosophies of science, and do they "work" with a Christian faith based on the Bible?Designed to accompany the Dictionary of Christianity and Science, this lecture s... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
A senior commissioning editor and content developer with ten years of experience in professional, educational and trade publishing.
Copy editor and proofreader with 12+ years of experience, specializing in memoirs, parenting, educational, religious, and academic books.