I'm an award-winning typesetter, layout and jacket designer, with a particular focus on art, design and illustrated scholarly publishing.
• Typesetting, layout design and jacket design of illustrated academic and children’s books
• Managed a wide range of scholarly art books through editorial, design, and production processes
• Typeset text and designed page layouts and jackets using InDesign, in close consultation with authors and the publisher
• Project-managed titles, collaborating with authors and freelancers to ensure timely supply and collation of content
• Updated InDesign files with text and layout corrections supplied by author and proofreader; proofread final layouts
• Responsible for final checks and supply of final files to printer; responsible for sign-off on printer’s proofs
• Titles include "The Russian Canvas" (winner of the 2017 Pushkin Prize), and "Albrecht Dürer: Documentary Biography"
• Supported a variety of illustrated art publications through editorial, design and production processes
• Managed and monitored schedule; proofread, edited and fact-checked texts; worked through amends with designers
• Researched and wrote texts for publication; collaborated with curatorial teams as per evolving lists of works
• Conducted picture research to obtain high-res files and crediting info; cleared copyright permissions with rights holders
• Commissioned, supervised and assisted with installation photography; edited and retouched images
• Titles included exhibition catalogues ("History Is Now"), trade titles ("On Display"), newspaper formats ("Mirrorcity")
• Supported a range of fiction and non-fiction titles through editorial and production processes
• Proofread, marked up, and scanned manuscripts for production; checked typeset pages for errors
• Liaised with galleries and picture libraries for image permissions; coded invoices through financial system
• Uploaded, updated, wrote and edited Advance Information sheets; updated author biographies; added keywords
• Prepared PRS and contract documents for submission to Royalties and Contracts departments
• Proofread and edited jacket cover proofs; circulated job-bags to multiple departments for signing-off
• Read submissions and produced reader reports; addressed telephone, email, and postal queries
• Assisted with P.G. Wodehouse reissues, and new work by Robert Harris and Sebastian Faulks
• Produced and promoted engaging articles to strict deadlines for online art and design magazine
• Uploaded content using HTML and company’s online Content Management System
• Researched, selected, formatted, and cropped images using Photoshop
• Increased Facebook following from 18,000 to 30,000 fans
• Proofread and edited Grads 2012 print publication, assisted with event coordination
• Prepared and conducted photo shoots; retouched images for website
• Liaised with press offices, galleries, artists and designers by telephone, email, and post
This fascinating study considers the poetic and mythological artworks made for elite female monastic communities in Renaissance Italy. Nuns from the patrician class, who often disregarded obligations of austerity and poverty, commissioned sensually appealing, richly made artifacts inspired by contemporary courtly culture. The works of art transformed monastic parlors, abbatial apartments, and ... read more
The second largest city in 17th-century Europe, Naples constituted a vital Mediterranean center in which the Spanish Habsburgs, the clergy, and Neapolitan aristocracy, together with the resident merchants, and other members of the growing professional classes jostled for space and prestige. Their competing programs of building and patronage created a booming art market and spurred painters suc... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
I'm a book designer & illustrator who has worked in-house at London children's publishers — I love to collaborate on a good story!
Graphic designer specializing in full book design, including typesetting and custom logos to make your title stand out.