- Proofread fiction and non-fiction titles for correct grammar, appropriate spellings (both US and Canadian), style consistency and accuracy, and design precision using Adobe Acrobat's commenting/editing feature.
- Provide, on occasion, editorial feedback regarding projects and manuscripts in the developmental stage.
- Research accuracy of sources and quotes for quote collections.
- Create and paginate indexes for law books of varying lengths and types, often at a very quick turn-around rate.
- Created my freelance business and website in 2013.
- Work with a wide range of self-published authors as an editor and indexer.
- Complete copy edits, proofreads, and indexes in a freelance capacity for various book publishers.
- Provide developmental feedback and copy editing for academic papers (e.g. PhD theses).
- Electronically copy edited and proofread a variety of non-fiction titles using Adobe Acrobat.
- Prepared American titles for Canadian publication (and vice versa) by ensuring spelling, numeracy, measurements, and references were consistent with Canadian or American usage, Chicago Manual of Style, and house style.
- Proofread texts for consistency, errors, and incorrect information.
- Created and paginated indexes under very tight deadlines, using Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat.
- Completed substantive editing, line editing, copy editing, fact-checking, and proofreading tasks for a variety of fiction, non-fiction, and YA manuscripts and managed such titles through the entire production stage.
- Established strong, productive relationships with authors.
- Managed a large quantity of titles under tight deadlines.
- Supervised freelanced books, reprints, and new editions through the in-house production process.
- Marked proof corrections and checked printer’s proof pages.
- Performed photo research and acquired and logged permissions for images and text when required.
- Created, edited, and maintained title records in the online sales and marketing database, Booksonix.
- Wrote and edited back cover descriptions, descriptions for sales people, short summaries, author biographies, and key selling points.
- Reviewed copy and data for Spring and Fall catalogues.
As the third-highest-scoring flying ace among British and colonial pilots in the First World War, scoring 60 victories, Raymond Collishaw was only surpassed by Billy Bishop and Edward Mannock. This book traces his life from humble beginnings in Nanaimo, British Columbia, to victories in the skies over France.
Paranormal experts Lionel and Patricia Fanthorpe analyze the fascinating history of numerology and its natural occurrence in our everyday lives.
First published in 1958, Centenary at Jalna brings us to 1953 when the Whiteoaks gather to mark the 100th anniversary of their estate. It has now been a century since Captain Philip and Adeline Whiteoak arrived in Canada and built their legacy. While this should be a time of festivity for the clan, tension and discontent surround the forthcoming marriage of a new generations Adeline and Philip... read more
As the old saying goes, "You can pick your friends, but not your relatives." In tranquil Northumberland County, Ontario, two families are well acquainted with the grim truth of that innocuous-sounding expression. They are the descendants of the first, and only, man executed in Northumberland's history. In a sordid true-crime tale of poison and philandering in 1850s Ontario, the respected Dr. W... read more
The story of Sunnybrook is one of battle and rebellion in the pursuit of excellence. With each battle endured, Sunnybrook Hospital forged new directions, becoming stronger and greater, often exceeding goals and beating significant odds. These very challenges enabled Sunnybrook to morph into the dynamic academic health sciences centre it is today.
Tomes of Terror: Haunted Bookstores and Libraries
This book is about the reach of law beyond state borders from a Canadian perspective. It investigates the scope of the legal and practical power of Canada to assert, and to respond to foreign assertions of, extraterritorial jurisdiction. Ultimately, the authors articulate a theoretical and analytical framework to aid decision making by law and policy makers when Canada is faced with the issue ... read more
In Digital Copyright Law, Professor Hutchison identifies and analyzes the many novel legal issues that often arise in this area of growing importance. This book assesses the developing law against an interpretive methodology that seeks to rationalize rights, and brings coherence to the Copyright Act, in the face of challenging digital facts. Included in this methodology is a detailed analysis ... read more
This book provides a comprehensive overview of legislation dealing with customs, customs tariffs, free trade agreements, anti-dumping measures, prohibited subsidies, Kimberley Process, cultural property, and other statutes regulating Canada's international trade. Important illustrative decisions of the Canadian International Trade Tribunal and of the courts, as well as decisions of the NAFTA a... read more
Things got serious when the creeper blew up the cafeteria. Hamid, Ant and Jaina just want to create epic builds in Minecraft. When a mysterious stranger gives them four foam swords, the three friends and their videogame-hating principal are transported into a world of blocks and thrown into an epic battle to save their favorite game. An army of Minecraft monsters threatens to rampage across th... read more
Paperback. Pub Date :2013-04-22 Pages: 320 Language: English Publisher: Wiley Learn why gold prices are sure to soar to 10.000 oz and beyond ... and how to profitAs paper currency continues to lose its purchasing power and global markets struggle. in the face of economic turmoil. investors are turning to gold to stabilize their portfolios. 10.000 Gold explains why this is a smart move. arguing... read more
"I would consider this the bible for any Canadians wanting to invest in US real estate."—W. Brett Wilson, Entrepreneur, Recipient of the Order of Canada, and former DragonThe thought of buying property in the United States has been on your mind. Perhaps family members or friends already own real estate in the Sunbelt and you've enjoyed the occasional visit. You sense the market isn't as frenzi... read more
Language:Chinese.Paperback. Pub Date: 2012 Pages: 272 Publisher: Wiley 1 in. 10 Canadians have a Learning Disability and Doctors must be able to identify. diagnose. treat and manage children who Are Struggling in School The first book specifically Tailored for the needs of physicians working with kids with learning disabilities. Children With School Problems: A Physician's Manual covers such i... read more
Maximize the profits and minimize the costs of real estate management Rental renovations should be seen as a long-term investment, with your best asset in mind your tenant. Knowing what renovations to undertake and how to do them will ensure that your money is well spent on renovations that will last the lifetime of the property, and ensure that your tenants want to stay. From Renos to Riches ... read more
The Mother of All Baby Books: An All-Canadian Guide to Your Baby's First Year, 2nd Edition is the instruction manual that Mother Nature forgot to include with the new arrival--a hands-on guide to coping with the joys and challenges of caring for your new baby. It's a totally comprehensive guide that features a non-bossy, fresh, and fun approach to Baby's exciting first year.Features a director... read more
Belize is an English-speaking tropical paradise, with an azure Caribbean coast, accessible rainforest, lost jungle cities, and a cost-of-living that makes it affordable for Canadians, Americans, Europeans, as well as the emerging middle class of Mexico and Central America. It is one of the worlds most undiscovered secrets, a retirement haven and a safe place to park your money. Business and Re... read more
Tilted: The Trials of Conrad Black, Second Edition
In engaging prose as smooth and colourful as her Juno-nominated melodies, Dayna Manning’s memoir provides a window into the world of her songwriting. In Many Moons, Manning depicts her collaborations with Canadian legends such as Burton Cummings, Chris Hadfield, and William Lishman, providing readers with an intimate view of a musician's life and up-close encounters with some of Canada’s great... read more
Is your company prepared for the next digital shift in business? Author and digital consultant Louis Lamoureux makes the case that we are entering a third digital era—one in which established companies have a better chance at winning than startups.Learn how to embed digital in your products and services, drive down your operating costs, and dramatically improve your customer’s journey. Be the ... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Editor of Best-selling books (NYT / WSJ / USA Today), Publishing Consultant, Literature Doctorate, fluent in Italian.
Professional editor, ghostwriter, and author of fiction and non-fiction who can help get you and your book across the finish line.