Hello! My name is Ngoc Diep Barbara, but I go by my Polish short Basia. I'm a Polish & Vietnamese illustrator specializing in children's books illustration. I am currently based in Jersey City, NJ.
I'm only accepting commissions that include illustration work.
Typesetting / book interior design services available for an additional fee.
Availability: Starting in Summer 2023.
Business hours: Monday - Friday, 7am - 3pm (UTC-5:00). Please, feel free to message me anytime with any questions you may have and I will get back to you during my work hours.
Thank you for your interest!
- Ringling College of Art and Design: Illest of Illustration 2015 - 1 illustration
- Best of Ringling 2016 - 2 illustrations
- BFA Illustration
Clients include: Kar-Ben Publishing, Gloo Books, Capstone Publishing, Ben & Jerry, Yves Rocher, ASPCA, Roof Studio, Epipheo, codeheroes, and more.
● Created full-spread illustrations and visual development for children's books based on manuscripts received from writers.
● Drew beats, storyboards and produced 45” and 90” animatics.
● Created sketches and finished designs of environments, props and characters to be modeled in 3D.
● Completed mood paintings with great emphasis on lighting and color under tight deadlines.
● Assist the art director in creating 2D assets for animation, storyboards and concept designs for 2D &
Completed tasks for the advertising animation media with a high focus on artistry and originality:
● Created designs for projects differing in style and art direction.
● Worked in collaboration with art directors and modelers to meet their visual development needs.
● Generated explorative concept paintings with a focus on lighting and depth.
Accomplished tasks for future product lines under the supervision of the lead artist and design manager in
an innovative and creative environment of the Integrated Play Department:
● Created artwork for toy and game designs for direct production of digital applications, which included
ideation, sketching, drawing, painting and creating animation guidelines.
● Produced engaging 2D character designs and background art to be translated into 3D models, and
animations for digital experiences.
Basia has 13 reviews