Here are some comments from authors I've worked with:
"This is the second book I have worked on with Beacon Press senior editor Alexis R. ‘Work’ is a misnomer—collaborating with Alexis has been a pure joy, and she has helped to fulfill my vision for this story, even at a point when I began to lose my way. I greatly appreciate her intelligence and honesty but most importantly her warmth in what has been an emotional, often challenging, process."--Jorja Leap, author of Jumped In and Project Fatherhood.
"During the many years I dreamed of being an author, I prayed I would be blessed with an editor who would make my work far better than it otherwise could be. Alexis is that dream editor, and I am grateful for the opportunity of working with her. Alexis ‘got’ the book from the outset and saw potential in it beyond my original concept."--Judy Mills, author of Blood of the Tiger
- MFA in Creative Nonfiction
• Manuscript critique and full developmental and line editing for authors of narrative nonfiction and memoir.
• Book proposal development and editing, guidance on market research, submission advice and support.
• Spearheaded Beacon’s environmental list, acquiring and editing books on energy, climate, food, nature, animals, and conservation, as well as literary nature writing. Other topics include memoir and education.
• Worked collaboratively with other departments in the production, promotion, and marketing of each book, guiding the authors throughout these stages, and generating material for launch meetings and sales presentations.
• Cultivated new projects, authors, and contacts with agents; attended conferences relevant to acquisition areas.
"Alexis is everything you could ask for in an editor--conscientious, a meticulous line-editor, SMART, warm, reliable, and passionate about her projects, authors, and activism. She was a delight to work with as an office mate and equally appreciated as a model editor whose projects were always in impeccable shape when handed over to production. A rare combination of writer and editor, Alexis would be an asset to any editorial project." --Marcy Barnes, Production Director
Grub Street Inc.
• Taught Creative Nonfiction, and Personal Essay & Memoir workshops (Levels I, II, and Master Class).
• Taught publishing workshops and book proposal seminars.
• Recurring panelist and manuscript consultant at the Grub Street Muse & the Marketplace conference.
Kneerim & Williams Literary Agency
• Worked closely with authors to develop and edit book proposals.
• Assisted agents with submission lists and pitch letters, follow-up calls with editors.
• Managed flow of incoming manuscripts and queries; recruited, hired, trained, and supervised interns.
Alexis has 2 reviews