I'm a Chartered Insititute of Editing and Proofreading (CIEP) and Publishing Training Centre (PTC) qualified and experienced copyeditor and proofreader.
As a professional member of the CIEP, I have completed over 500 hours of copyediting and proofreading, completed high-quality training beyond the introductory level copyediting and proofreading courses, and have evidenced my competence with a satisfactory reference from a client.
I specialise in commercial fiction, particularly psychological suspense and crime fiction - the darker the antagonist, the happier I am! Clients include Bloodhound Books, Datura Books, Duckworth Books, Hobeck Books and Palazzo Editions.
I have also advised Bloodhound Books on which submissions they should publish, and commissioned and copyedited the Kindle bestseller The Replacement by Jacqueline Ward.
I recently covered the maternity leave of Bloodhound Books' Editorial and Production Manager. In this role, I managed the editorial process and typeset the books, getting them ready for publication.
I believe that editing is a collaborative process and my approach is down-to-earth, kind, and I am ever mindful of retaining the author's voice while ensuring clarity of message.
- Master's degree in English Studies (Distinction)
- Copyediting 2: Headway. Grade: Merit (CIEP assessed course)
- Copyedting 1: Introduction (CIEP course)
- Essential Proofreading (PTC assessed course)
- Introduction to Fiction Editing (CIEP course)
- Word for Practical Editing (CIEP course)
- Developmental Editing: Fiction Theory (Liminal Pages course)
- Developmental Editing: In Practice (Liminal Pages course)
- Editorial Project Management (CIEP Course)
Covering maternity leave at Bloodhound books, I ensure the editorial process runs smoothly through to publication day, and create the final ePubs and print files of each book.
I advised Bloodhound Books on which submissions they should publish. Books I have commissioned include The Storytellers by Caron McKinlay, Ripple Effect by NA Cooper and The Replacement by Jacqueline Ward.
I offer copyediting, proofreading, and editorial assessments to publishers and authors.
Abbie has 7 reviews