Led photography market space, overseeing acquisitions decisions and weekly team meetings. Managed teams of freelance editors and oversaw all aspects of 16 – 25 projects per year. Signed 15 books and videos per year, meeting annual revenue goal of $2.86M. Developed ebook program that became model throughout company. Coordinated with marketing team to promote photography products.
• Led publishing strategy for photography market space, researching and identifying new authors and topics for key series and select non-series titles.
• Signed and worked closely with world-class, industry-leading photographers on instructional content for Peachpit Press, New Riders, and Adobe Press imprints.
• Managed all stages of print and digital projects, hiring and supervising teams of freelance editors,
working with authors to develop content, and coordinating interior and cover design.
• Led publication plan and strategy for FuelBooks, a short ebook program for photography list that
became ebook model throughout company. Oversaw all aspects of program, including design,
acquisitions, content development, and production.
• Worked with marketing team, promoting photography products through strategic email, website,
and social media campaigns. Cultivated relationships with creative professionals, authors, and
customers through social channels and at major industry tradeshows like Photoshop World Expo.
Researched and signed up to 6 print and digital products per year. Managed teams of freelance editors for 10 to 12 products per year, covering Adobe Creative Suite and digital photography topics. Provided marketing support for Peachpit Press, New Riders, and Adobe Press products.
• Managed book and video development process, hiring and supervising teams of freelance editors, guiding authors in content development, and coordinating interior and cover/package design.
• Promoted titles by creating marketing copy for product web pages, book covers, New Book Information sheets (NBIs) for sales reps, and Amazon A+ promotional pages.
• Built relationships with creative professional community and key partners, helping coordinate Voices That Matter web design conference.
• Managed administrative tasks for Adobe Press, such as tracking book excerpts for Adobe Community Help website and creating and processing Title Exhibit forms for new titles.
Are you a “foodie” looking to take eye-catching photos of your culinary concoctions? Do you have a food blog that you’d like to enhance with better visuals? Do you want to create photos that conjure up the flavors of your favorite foods but lack the photographic technique to make it happen? Then this book is for you! In Food Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots, photographer Nicole Young... read more
Buzworth von Wanderwing has been bitten by the love bug in Paris. Now, Nelson must consult his trusted Book of Plans and try to gain an audience with the Queen Bee of England. Only she holds the cure that will set his lovesick travel bug friend free. This Travel Bug tale is the third in a series.
The Fujifilm X100S is a digital camera with a 23mm fixed prime lens. It is intended for amateurs to semi-professionals who want a camera that allows them to make great images faster and with less hassle than any other digital camera. While the camera manual explains what the camera can do, it doesn’t show exactly how to use the camera to create great images! That’s where Fujifilm X100S: From S... read more
Creativity is not a gift for a select few, but an ongoing process of growth and self-realization available to anyone who puts in the effort to pursue the spark. In this book, Chris Orwig offers a unique perspective on the creative process, showing you how to find meaning in your work, be inspired, and discover the life for which you were designed. With thoughtful and engaging chapters such as ... read more
Although it may not always seem possible, you can create great people pictures using the gear that fits into one camera bag. The tricks are knowing how to use the equipment you have, learning how to put the environment around you to work, and taking the time to interact with your subjects so you can tell their story. In this ebook, Kathleen Lavine discusses the minimum equipment you need for a... read more
Poetry. AN ATLAS OF LOST CAUSES pulls the reader into a rich, internal world where perception is doubled and "stars are just dead light—falling behind schedule." As her poetic noir unfolds, quotidian detail accumulates as evidence of human scenarios bleeding into the infinite: "You know how sometimes, at night in a city, you may hear someone crying out in distress? The stains were that sound a... read more
Poetry. Winner of the 2014 Kelsey Street Press FIRSTS! Contest. "Jennifer Pilch's DEUS EX MACHINA pulls the ache from a fractured century, stitching the bloom past artifice into an urgent, prismatic form unlike any we have seen. Each voice 'risks/transforms night' into 'a blossom that punctures that blots.' A book like this, assembled from music and ruin and light, is rare and necessary."—Josh... read more
More and more men are seeking out great portrait, commercial, or fashion photography. For working photographers, photographing men may be one of today's greatest new opportunities. But, while there are dozens of books, guides, and workshops on photographing women, there's been practically nothing comparable for men… until now! Jeff Rojas's Photographing Men is today's definitive full-color gui... read more
In this comprehensive, practical guide, award-winning photojournalist Stacy Pearsall offers the techniques, guidance, and inspiration needed to succeed in the dynamic and exciting field of photojournalism. Starting with an overview of photojournalism and her experience as both a combat and domestic photographer, Stacy covers the basics of preparing for assignments, discussing such key topics a... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.