Whether you simply need a second pair of eyes to catch those stray typos, someone whose sharp blue pen you can trust to make your work sing, or frank advice coupled with hands-on guidance to structure and prepare a research paper, proposal, or book manuscript, I'm excited to assist and support you throughout. I can rewrite your research paper for the media or help you develop your chapter outline into a full-length manuscript, and provide constructive evaluations from an industry perspective. I am equally experienced in writing and editing for scholarly and lay readerships and you will always receive a clear explanation of the rationale behind any editing decisions or recommendations, alongside tips and resources to improve your writing.
Representative work not supported by the permitted URLs is included in the "Portfolio section". Links, samples, and references are available upon request.
- PhD Cultural History
- MA English Literature
- MA History
- BA Communication & Media
Oversight and coordination of the revision of my father's textbooks. A highly prolific author in the health sciences, since his passing I have undertaken custodianship of his literary legacy. As of 2020, I am partnering with selected editors, liaising with contributing authors, and editing the new editions to ensure continuity of voice and integrity of content.
In the books featured below, my roles were:
• Muscle Energy Techniques; Chronic Pelvic Pain; Recognizing and Treating Breathing Disorders: Editing the revised editions of these books due in 2022 - 2023
• Fascial Dysfunction: Proof-reading and final edits (2018).
• Palpation and Assessment in Manual Therapy: I contributed two chapters; proofed and edited additional chapters (2017).
• Guest Editor, Reviewer, Contributor: Pomegranate International Journal of Pagan Studies, Equinox
• Managing Editor: Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapies, Elsevier
• Editor, Reviewer, Contributor: La Rosa di Paracelso, Mimesis
Since 2003 I have collaborated with a variety of language schools, specialising in EFL curriculum development and teacher training in Academic Writing and Critical Thinking for the Young Adult Classroom.
• (since 2014): Andrioti School
• (2006-2010): Kontada School
• (2004-5): Euroaccess School
• (2003-2004): Spanou Language School
I have worked with a range of publishers, as a columnist for journals and magazines, as well as private clients. Most of my work in the past decade has been for academics and scientists whose first language is not English, assisting them to hone and improve their writing to publication-ready standard. References and samples from private individuals are available upon request. The portfolio samples include journals and books in which I have published chapters or articles.
Sasha has 1 review