Oversight and coordination of the revision of my father's textbooks. A highly prolific author in the health sciences, since his passing I have undertaken custodianship of his literary legacy. As of 2020, I am partnering with selected editors, liaising with contributing authors, and editing the new editions to ensure continuity of voice and integrity of content.
In the books featured below, my roles were:
• Muscle Energy Techniques; Chronic Pelvic Pain; Recognizing and Treating Breathing Disorders: Editing the revised editions of these books due in 2022 - 2023
• Fascial Dysfunction: Proof-reading and final edits (2018).
• Palpation and Assessment in Manual Therapy: I contributed two chapters; proofed and edited additional chapters (2017).
• Guest Editor, Reviewer, Contributor: Pomegranate International Journal of Pagan Studies, Equinox
• Managing Editor: Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapies, Elsevier
• Editor, Reviewer, Contributor: La Rosa di Paracelso, Mimesis
Since 2003 I have collaborated with a variety of language schools, specialising in EFL curriculum development and teacher training in Academic Writing and Critical Thinking for the Young Adult Classroom.
• (since 2014): Andrioti School
• (2006-2010): Kontada School
• (2004-5): Euroaccess School
• (2003-2004): Spanou Language School
I have worked with a range of publishers, as a columnist for journals and magazines, as well as private clients. Most of my work in the past decade has been for academics and scientists whose first language is not English, assisting them to hone and improve their writing to publication-ready standard. References and samples from private individuals are available upon request. The portfolio samples include journals and books in which I have published chapters or articles.
Fascial dysfunction is now recognised as one of the main underlying causes of musculoskeletal pain leading to impaired and reduced mobility. These are the symptoms which confront all practitioners of manual therapy in their everyday practice. In this second edition of his very successful book, Leon Chaitow brings together contributions from 20 leading practitioners and researchers from many di... read more
This authoritative, research-based book, written by a team of clinical experts, offers an introduction to the symptoms and causes of disordered breathing as well as the strategies and protocols that can be used to correct and restore normal breathing. Multidisciplinary Approaches to Breathing Pattern Disorders guides readers through a discussion of the current research that links disordered br... read more
Edited by Leon Chaitow and Ruth Lovegrove, this clearly written and fully illustrated multi-contributor volume offers practical, comprehensive coverage of the subject area accompanied by a range of video clips. Covering all aspects of current diagnosis and management, this new book is suitable for physiotherapists, osteopathic physicians and osteopaths, medical pain specialists, urologists, ur... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Versatile editor with more than 15 years of experience in educational publishing at major houses and across a variety of subjects
I provide careful, intelligent, and sensitive copyediting, developmental editing, ghost writing, and coaching services.